Specialty Restaurant Price Increase Email From My TA

boogs

We've booked 3 restaurants on Silhouette for March with 6 other friends. We got the lower price and didn't want to wait.

Having said that, as I stated before, on board Constellation in March they waiters were walking around the cafe during breakfast and lunch with menus of the specialty restaurants asking folks to consider eating there. Sadly on the longer cruises, older folks don't spend for the specialty restaurants. We loved Tuscan Grille and are hoping that now that we've booked that, Qsine and the Lawn Club Grille at least once, we can repeat one that we truly loved.

Pat C

We've booked 3 restaurants on Silhouette for March with 6 other friends. We got the lower price and didn't want to wait.

Having said that, as I stated before, on board Constellation in March they waiters were walking around the cafe during breakfast and lunch with menus of the specialty restaurants asking folks to consider eating there. Sadly on the longer cruises, older folks don't spend for the specialty restaurants. We loved Tuscan Grille and are hoping that now that we've booked that, Qsine and the Lawn Club Grille at least once, we can repeat one that we truly loved.

Pat C

DH and I booked 2 specialty restaurants on the Silhouette too (March 5th cruise). We are going to try Tuscan Grille and the Lawn Club. :)

Connie

Here's the link for prices for the Wine and Dine:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/CEL/intranet_resources/STAR_report/2011/042511/Resources_042511/Restaurant_flyer_SL_EQ.pdf

Seems to only apply to certain ships at this time...NOT the M-class apparently. As was stated in another's earlier post, you have to go to each of the three specialty restaurants. Package with food only seems like a deal. Wine added seems a bit pricey to me.

Here's the link for prices for the Wine and Dine:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/CEL/intranet_resources/STAR_report/2011/042511/Resources_042511/Restaurant_flyer_SL_EQ.pdf

Seems to only apply to certain ships at this time...NOT the M-class apparently. As was stated in another's earlier post, you have to go to each of the three specialty restaurants. Package with food only seems like a deal. Wine added seems a bit pricey to me.

Do you know why it does not include Qsine?

Alan

[quote name='StarTrkGeek']Do you know why it does not include Qsine?
Alan[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkRed]It does not include the Lawn Club either ..... and the Silhouette does not have Silk Harvest.

Connie[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Conniepo'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkRed]It does not include the Lawn Club either ..... and the Silhouette does not have Silk Harvest.

Connie[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Again, the document that was linked is either from Solstice or Equinox. On Celebrity's website they have a breakdown of which restaurants are included based on what ship. Lawn Club Grill is included in the five meal package on Silhouette (but not the three meal package). Qsine is included in the 3 & 5 meal packages on all ships with a Qsine.

[quote name='Gonzo70']Again, the document that was linked is either from Solstice or Equinox. On Celebrity's website they have a breakdown of which restaurants are included based on what ship. Lawn Club Grill is included in the five meal package on Silhouette (but not the three meal package). Qsine is included in the 3 & 5 meal packages on all ships with a Qsine.[/quote]
Can you provide a link to that page?

Speaking of specialty restaurants, I was just looking at the Murano menu online and this disclaimer at the bottom of the menu made me laugh:

*Indicates Entrées Perpared Table Side

PERpared vs. prepared.

They need some proof-readers.

[quote name='StarTrkGeek']Thanks, but that link does not state which restaurants are included or the prices.[/QUOTE]

You might want to try a different browser; the link did work for me in terms of what restaurants are included. The pricing however is not on the link. If there is a particular ship you are inquiring about, I can let you know the restaurants included. If it is an S-Class, the general rule is that for a 3 package it will include Tuscan Grille, Murano and Silk Harvest or Qsine. If it is a five package it will include one meal at Murano and two each at Tuscan Grille and Silk Harvest/Qsine. For Silhouette the 3 includes one each at Murano, Qsine and Tuscan Grille whereas the 5 includes one each at Murano, Qsine, Lawn Club Grill and then 2 at Tuscan Grille.

[quote name='bhughey']Speaking of specialty restaurants, I was just looking at the Murano menu online and this disclaimer at the bottom of the menu made me laugh:

PERpared vs. prepared.

They need some proof-readers.[/QUOTE]

At least they got rid of the word "dinning" on their website; Cunard still has that error. :D

Under the terms and conditions for the Wine & Dine Package it states the following:

"Couples Package include a 15% wine service charge."

Is that 15% on the cost of the total package? Surely not???

[quote name='bhughey']Under the terms and conditions for the Wine & Dine Package it states the following:

"Couples Package include a 15% wine service charge."

Is that 15% on the cost of the total package? Surely not???[/QUOTE]

I would think the 15% would only be on the wine portion of the package.

[quote name='Gonzo70']I would think the 15% would only be on the wine portion of the package.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how they determine the amount for the wine portion of the package since it's "bundled"?

[quote name='bhughey']Speaking of specialty restaurants, I was just looking at the Murano menu online and this disclaimer at the bottom of the menu made me laugh:

PERpared vs. prepared.

They need some proof-readers.[/quote]

It's not PERpared, but PERPared. This is their new Corporate Social Responsibility program called "Rehabilitate A Felon" :D

[quote name='boogs']It's not PERpared, but PERPared. This is their new Corporate Social Responsibility program called "Rehabilitate A Felon" :D[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkRed]
LOL ... you gave me a much needed chuckle this morning :D - thanks!

Connie
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkRed] [/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 3 months later...
This will be a money saver for my husband and me also. We went to Murano and paid the $35/pp plus left an extra $20 tip for a total of $90. Now we will pay the increased price of $40/pp and leave no extra tip for a total of $80, saving us $10. Thanks Celebrity! Same for Tuscan, we paid the $30/pp plus left an additional $20 tip for a total of $80. No we will pay the $35/pp with no additional tip for a total of $70 saving another $10. So we will end up saving ourselves $20 this time around. Corporations screwing their staff out of pay once again!

I remember paying for the package in the summer and we were told for the 5 we had to have 2 qsine, 2 tuscan grille and 1 murano (Eclipse).

The price of this must have gone up by $25 dollars at least because of this rise.

I think we will be selecting to just do 1 rather than 5 as the food is so good in the MDR. Celebrity need to consider their business plan on this one - the extra money per booking won;t make up for the reduced numbers.

Jan

Archived