Please tell me freestyle isn’t going to be the cruise from hell!!

Pet

Most of our cruises have been with more traditional lines (Cunard, Celebrity, P&O) usually balcony cabins. Recently the DW aspired to greater things, so when we saw a good deal on a courtyard villa suite on NCL Jade to the Canaries next March we signed up despite reservations over what we had read about free style cruising. The question is are we going to feel out of place in the casual “do what you like” environment, with no regular dining companions to talk to, or will we look over dressed in our normal cruising clothes, let alone formal nights, (DW would lock me in the cabin rather than let me go to dinner in shorts!), perhaps spending the week hidden away in our gated community, or Haven, as they have recently rebranded it? Any re-assurances much appreciated. Many thanks. :confused:

Do not go in to this cruise looking for faults. Go in to it expecting a new experience. After a couple days of the Freestyle atmosphere, you will be used to it and everything will work out just fine. Make a few specialty restaurant reservations. You won't regret it. And no, don't think everyone will be in shorts for dinner. Fact is, you will find most people are in long pants and a nice, casual shirt.

My sincere thanks to all the many knowledgable and humourous people out there for the advice and guidance. We'll embark with an open mind and give it our best shot, leaving the dinner jacket (tux) and gown in the wardrobe and go with the flow - I was getting to large round the hips for it anyway - the tux not the gown!! :D

My sincere thanks to all the many knowledgable and humourous people out there for the advice and guidance. We'll embark with an open mind and give it our best shot, leaving the dinner jacket (tux) and gown in the wardrobe and go with the flow - I was getting to large round the hips for it anyway - the tux not the gown!! :D

So glad you have a sense of humor. That and an open mind should ensure a great cruise. I think you will love the pampering in the Garden Villa.

Have a wonderful holiday!

After the Garden Villa you will have no desire to go back to cruising with a tux. Best wishes and happy cruising!

With that attitude you will be fine. We are going on a cruise (another line) in Oct and hubby will be wearing his tux with mixed emotions. Yes, it will be fun, but honestly we wish it was NCL casual.

Nita

Archived