Vision of the Seas - Junior Suite 8088 or 8588 aft

We are planning on cruising to Alaska next year and hope to have a great view from a Junior Suite aft. Suites 8088 and 8588 are at the end of the row on either side of ship. When on balcony can one see off side of ship in these cabins as well as from back of ship. Is balcony considerable larger than others aft?? Does balcony wrap around side of ship or is there a wall at end?? Please advise - would GREATLY appreciate pics of any of these specific cabins and balconies. Please respond on post or send pics to Treacher1@aol.com. Thanks so very much - smooth sailing:)

We've stayed in 8088 - it has a fabulous balcony. It is a true wrap-around, so you can see aft and portside. I assume 8588 is the same (except you'd be looking starboard & aft). All of the aft balconies are very large, much deeper than the standard JS (and 8088 and 8588 are wider because of the wraparound feature), and there are two loungers, a table and two chairs, as I recall. You will love it!

We stayed in 8088 on Rhapsody (identical deck plans as Vision) and will be in 8588 on Vision in August.

Here are some pictures that a fellow CCer took and posted for me before our Rhapsody cruise.

Rhapsody corner aft cabin 8088

My advice is to keep an eye out for when Alaska itineraries become available. I booked our Alaska cruise in early June last year. Itineraries had been available for a couple of weeks and we wanted the last southbound cruise of the season and ALL aft cabins on deck 8 had already been booked!! (16 months out!!!) Even my TA was surprised. We checked the next to last southbound cruise and the port corner aft cabin (8088) was already booked. That would be the land side for the southbound cruise. I felt lucky to get 8588. So be sure to stay on top of it if your heart is set on a corner aft JS.

I've got some pictures of the cabin and balcony of Rhapsody 8088. The main difference in mine and the ones linked above is that in mine the cabin is not quite so messy. ;) I don't have them uploaded to the 'net yet but if you would like to see them, post your email addy and I'll send them to you. :)

Archived