Ft. Lauderdale Hotel on beach with sail away views?

negrilbride

We will be sailing the Allure in November with my parents. We are flying in the day before the cruise and their flight arrives very early in the day. I would like to find a hotel that is on the beach and near the port so they can watch the ships sailing out Saturday PM.

I've found the Lago Mar Resort which seems like it may be a good option. Does anyone else have suggestions for hotels near the port that are on a beach?

How close to the port/sailing ship do you want to be? We were on the beach between the Ritz Carlton and the Westin and could see the Carnival Freedom and a RCCL ship leaving. Obviously, we weren't right up close, but it was an awesome sight to see, even from a distance.

This picture shows the Freedom from where we were on the beach, with no zoom.

IMG_6292.jpg.08864c8f4a4b8de3491b7f3f08299e95.jpg

Our favorite FLL hotel is the Atlantic. It's right on (across the road from) the beach. First class hotel in a great location. Can't see cruise ships coming and going but it does look straight out at the Atlantic and fronts that unpolluted, perfect white sand beach. Can be spendy but if you catch a deal, its tough to beat!

The best view is from Lago Mar and the next best is Marriott Harbor Beach. Other hotels down that end of the beach are Sheraton Best Western Oceanside and Bahia Mar and Courtyard is just another 2 blocks from those. Just walk onto the beach near these and you will see the ships going out from the portside and aft views.

i had a great view from my room at the Harbor Beach Marriott...and i also walked down to the beach......i actually preferred being in the room as i was up higher....AND it is a beautiful hotel...not the cheapest place on earth-especially in fall/winter, but you never know.....

If I was staying at the Lago Mar or Marriott Harbor Beach, I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to walk the quarter mile (a touch farther from the Marriott) down the beach to the port inlet and watch the ship(s) from there. I'm sure the view is just great from the hotel, but to be standing there literally a couple hundred feet away as they sail by, and everyones waving, and the ship blasting it's horn at the people in the condo - that would be awesome. The pic below (not mine, it's from Google Earth) shows what I mean.

34895211.jpg

We stayed at the Lago Mar in March 2011 and LOVED it. The only downside to our stay was that the area around the hotel is mostly residential and there is not much within walking distance. Otherwise, it was a fantatsic experience and watching the ships come in and out was fantastic!

Have fun!

Archived