Pez gato snorkel cruise cabo

SocalCupcake

I know many of you have taken the Pez Gato Snorkel Cruise and really enjoyed it. My question for you is that there are two times you can book. There is the 10am to 2pm and the 12pm to 4pm. Is one cruise typically more windy since its later in the day and does the later time slot seem to be more of a party atmosphere than the earlier time slot.

I know some of you have cruised with the Pez Gato numerous times and I hope maybe you have cruised both time slots and can let me know if you have a preference and why.

Thank you!! :D

I know many of you have taken the Pez Gato Snorkel Cruise and really enjoyed it. My question for you is that there are two times you can book. There is the 10am to 2pm and the 12pm to 4pm. Is one cruise typically more windy since its later in the day and does the later time slot seem to be more of a party atmosphere than the earlier time slot.

I know some of you have cruised with the Pez Gato numerous times and I hope maybe you have cruised both time slots and can let me know if you have a preference and why.

I just emailed them regarding the same thing for our September 18th cruise. They are in the process of changing the time for the snorkel and asked that we wait a few days until their website reflects the change. Below is their response:

Thank you for your email. My name is Melanie and I will be happy to answer your questions.

Yes, I often get asked by cruise ship passengers about the timing. Please note that if ship time is Pacific California time (I’m assuming you are departing from California) then that is 1 hour EARLIER than Mountain Time, not an hour later. So if that’s the case, I think you would be arriving on the 20th at 10:30am -7:00pm and on the 21st at 8:00am to 5:00pm Cabo Time. Please remember that you must tender into port in Cabo.

As for our snorkel tour, we will be having a change starting September 1st, 2011. It is not yet published because it was decided only today! The change will be that the snorkel trip will be going out only from 11:00am to 3:00pm. From what you mentioned about your ship times, this would coincide well with your Sept 21st schedule.

I would only ask that you wait a few days before making your reservation online so that I can have time to adjust it in our system.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

See you in Cabo soon!

I really appreciate you posting this! Funny thing is I just booked the cruise 10 minutes ago (before your post), however, even if they bump the 12pm time to 11pm, it should work fine for us since our cruise arrives at 10am. I'll post on this thread if I hear anything new or different. Thanks again! ;)

Be careful with the timiming. We are leaving next week and can't seem to time it right. It is a tender port and some review stated it took almost two hours to get in line and tender.

I read that somewhere too but then I also read that if you are an early riser, you'll have no trouble getting right off. I always get up really early so I think we'll be okay. Plus we should have about a 2 to 3 hour gap between tender and the cruise. It ends up that the only cruise that will work is the afternoon snorkel cruise. Be sure and post after your cruise if you have any trouble. Have a great trip!! :D

I just found this on another thread regarding ship time.

The Splendor has confirmed that they will be one hour behind in Cabo and in PV until 2013. So what that means for the passengers is you do not alter your clocks until leaving Cabo after day 2. But just keep in mind that tours etc. are always listed in SHIP time - do not ask a local what time it is in either port because they will be an hour ahead of the ship time. Hope this doesn´t confuse you but the only exception is if you come during the Daylight Savings/Standard time overlap - Mexico and the US change clocks on different dates. From Oct. 30 til Nov. 5 2011, Cabo is the same time as San Diego. And then March 11 to March 31 2012, Cabo will be the same as San Diego again. The Spirit will alternate depending on the route - they will either be one hour behind or adjusting their clocks to Cabo time.

Sailing on the Splendor in 2 weeks. I have Pez Gato booked for the am snorkle on he 30th. Ship time is 9:30 to 6 pm. So what is the corresponding Cabo time? Our excursion is 10-2 on their confirmation.. Is 10 their time 9 on the ship?

Pez Gato has decided NOT to change their schedule. They are offering a 10 am snorkel and a noon snorkel.

The 10 am snorkel is actually 9 am SHIPS TIME as Cabo is on MST and the ship is on PST.

We are on the September 18th cruise and we'll visit Cabo two days in a row. On the 21st, our ship will be in port from 7 am to 4 pm PST That means that we will be in port 8 am to 5 pm MST (Cabo time).

I figure if we catch one of the first tenders off at 7 am, we won't have any problem making the 10 am MST snorkel tour (which in reality is 9 am SHIPS TIME).

I hope that I haven't thoroughly confused you. Just remember that times quoted by Pez Gato are MST and are 1 hour ahead of the ship's time. They mention this numerous times and it is still confusing.

Happy cruising.

Pez Gato has decided not to change their tour times now so the snorkeling is at 10 am or 12 pm MST (which is one hour later than the ships time)

Sailing on the Splendor in 2 weeks. I have Pez Gato booked for the am snorkle on he 30th. Ship time is 9:30 to 6 pm. So what is the corresponding Cabo time? Our excursion is 10-2 on their confirmation.. Is 10 their time 9 on the ship?

You won't make the 10 am snorkeling tour because your ship won't be there. If you arrive at 9:30 ship's time, in reality it is 10:30 in CABO. They are one hour ahead of ships time.

Good news, you should be able to do the one at 12:00. Better get it changed.

Happy cruising.

A LINK:

If you have any confusion, here is a link to the actual time in Cabo:

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=4439&forma=12h

Then click on this to see the ship's time (it's on PST)

http://www.time.gov/

Keep in mind that if you are doing a SHIP'S TOUR, it is on SHIP'S TIME. The questions above have been referring specifically to Pez Gato which operates on MST.

My friend just go off the ship last weekend and she said 1st day in Cabo the wait to tender to port was almost 2 hours.

2nd day in Cabo...no line at all.

We are leaving next week, we are thinking of booking the tour on the second day instead of the first day.

My friend just go off the ship last weekend and she said 1st day in Cabo the wait to tender to port was almost 2 hours.

2nd day in Cabo...no line at all.

We are leaving next week, we are thinking of booking the tour on the second day instead of the first day.

We're doing the same. We've booked it for the second day we are in cabo for that very reason. Our cruise is on the September 18th.

The Splendor just added the pez gato excursion to their list for 9-11-11 sailing next month. It's wierd they actually added 40 more excursions overall to the sailing. I will probably pay a little more ($20 more each) and go through the ship for the 10am snorkel. Won't have to wait in the tender line as ship booked excursions get priority tendering. And I like the piece of mind as I unfortaunately have had a bad experience with a boat based excursion before. Thankfully it was booked through the ship and we received a full refund.

The Splendor just added the pez gato excursion to their list for 9-11-11 sailing next month. It's wierd they actually added 40 more excursions overall to the sailing. I will probably pay a little more ($20 more each) and go through the ship for the 10am snorkel. Won't have to wait in the tender line as ship booked excursions get priority tendering. And I like the piece of mind as I unfortaunately have had a bad experience with a boat based excursion before. Thankfully it was booked through the ship and we received a full refund.

I don't mind paying extra $ 20 for peace of mind and knowing that you can get priority tender.

I just checked our 9/18 and so far they have not added Pez Gato. I'll keep checking back as things seem to be changing all the time. Thanks for the heads up.

I just checked our 9/18 and so far they have not added Pez Gato. I'll keep checking back as things seem to be changing all the time. Thanks for the heads up.

It didn't say Pez Gato. But it showed a picture of the Pez Gato boats, and was labeled the "sail and snorkel fiesta". The Pez Gato are known for their funtimes, so the wife and I are def looking forward to it!

I've heard that ever since Carnival changed the riviera itinerary they have had to set up a lot of the excursion vendors closer to sail dates than normal. I read a post on carnival too that said excursions could be added up to the day you sail out.

It didn't say Pez Gato. But it showed a picture of the Pez Gato boats, and was labeled the "sail and snorkel fiesta". The Pez Gato are known for their funtimes, so the wife and I are def looking forward to it!

I've heard that ever since Carnival changed the riviera itinerary they have had to set up a lot of the excursion vendors closer to sail dates than normal. I read a post on carnival too that said excursions could be added up to the day you sail out.

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked the Sail and Snorkel Fiesta that Carnival is offering for $54.95. It is only two hours long, goes to Pelican Rock, and has drinks.

Booking directly with Pez Gato for the morning snorkel and it says this:

Sail on the Pez Gato to beautiful Santa Maria Bay, where you can snorkel with tropical fish or lounge in the warmth of Cabo. Tour includes snorkel equipment, lunch and beverages.

Cost: $45.00usd per adults, $22.50 per child 5 to 11 years old.

Duration: 4 hours

Departs: 10:00am daily (subject to change) For Cruise ship passengers: Cabo San Lucas is on Mountain time.

Both tours probably are Pez Gato since the boat shown by Carnival is Pez Gato, but it's probably another boat in their fleet.

There is the 10am to 2pm and the 12pm to 4pm. Is one cruise typically more windy since its later in the day and does the later time slot seem to be more of a party atmosphere than the earlier time slot

Don't know if you're looking for more of a party atmosphere with your cruise and snorkeling experience or not, but in case you are here's a link. http://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Jungle-Cruise.htm

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked the Sail and Snorkel Fiesta that Carnival is offering for $54.95. It is only two hours long, goes to Pelican Rock, and has drinks.

Booking directly with Pez Gato for the morning snorkel and it says this:

Sail on the Pez Gato to beautiful Santa Maria Bay, where you can snorkel with tropical fish or lounge in the warmth of Cabo. Tour includes snorkel equipment, lunch and beverages.

Cost: $45.00usd per adults, $22.50 per child 5 to 11 years old.

Duration: 4 hours

Departs: 10:00am daily (subject to change) For Cruise ship passengers: Cabo San Lucas is on Mountain time.

Both tours probably are Pez Gato since the boat shown by Carnival is Pez Gato, but it's probably another boat in their fleet.

Yeah they are different. We went out to Santa Maria Cove last time, I believe through a different excursion. The snorkeling is better out that way, but there is a lot more time to get there. I think it took about 45 min each way, but the seas were very rough as there were thunderstorms in the area. While I believe Pelican Rock is much closer, but that means the snorkeling will not be as good from what I've heard. If it is just snorkeling you would like the Santa Maria Bay would be your best bet out of the two. IMO I just prefer to book through the ship, and I heard that the Pez Gato crews were fun to go out with.

• 2 weeks later...

They changed the itinerary for our October 30th sailing.

The arrival time for Tuesday was originally 10am to 6pm. Now it is 11am to 7pm. Double check your booking info to see if yours changed as well. I would hate for you to miss an excursion due to the itinerary change. :)

ITINERARY: 5 DAY BAJA MEXICO DAYPORT OF CALLARRIVEDEPART SunLos Angeles (San Pedro), CA4:00 PM MonFun Day At Sea TueCabo San Lucas, Mexico11:00 AM7:00 PM WedCabo San Lucas, Mexico7:00 AM3:00 PM ThuFun Day At Sea FriLos Angeles (San Pedro), CA8:00 AM

Double check your booking info. I just noticed that the arrival time for my October 30th sailing changed and is now an hour later for Tuesday arrival.

Originally we were scheduled to be in Cabo from 10am to 6pm. Now it is 11am to 7pm. I don't want any of you to miss your excursions.

DAY PORT OF CALL ARRIVE DEPART

Sun Los Angeles (San Pedro), CA 4:00 PM

Mon Fun Day At Sea

Tue Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 11:00 AM 7:00 PM

Wed Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 7:00 AM 3:00 PM

Thu Fun Day At Sea

Fri Los Angeles (San Pedro), CA 8:00 AM

We are on the Spirit on 10/2 and do not even dock in Cabo until 11 am the first day. I guess a Pez Gato excursion is not going to work at all. We are in port day two from 7-3 but I am not really wanting to take and excursion that day. I guess we will book the snorkel excursion through the ship just to be safe.

Hello,

We just return from Splendor last week. First day tender was a nightmare with all the lines. Luckily we booked a tour through Carnival and has priority tendering.

Second day....it was a breeze...no line..unfortunately there was a storm coming in, so we were stranded in Cabos for a few hours and the tender was a nightmare coming back to the ship. It took almost an hour for the tender to dock with the ship. At this point, they were trying to get all passenger tender back to ship and no one was allowed to tender to land.

In regards to Pez Gato, we booked the tour with them 1st day in Cabo for the 2nd day excursion. Go to the office AA1 and asked for Vicente. Our tour was 10am to 2pm which was 9am -1pm ship time. When the storm came in, the excursion was cancel and Vicente give us back the money.

Archived