Norwegian Cruise Line to Stamp Out In-Cabin Smoking

LauraS

Unlike some "non-smoking" hotel rooms, we've never had a problem with our cabin smelling like smoke. There have been times where the smoke in an area bothers me,but I just move upwind or leave.

I know that some rabid anti-smoking folks won't be happy until smoking is banned everywhere & some smokers won't be happy if they can't light up anywhere, but a little courtesy should let most of us cruise together happily.

ValleyVillage, Agabbymama & I will all be on the same cruise in a few weeks. I'd like to see a solution to this that would allow us all to continue to happily cruise on our line of choice.

As much as I like your thought process and would love to see everyone co-exist on this earth.

I think your statement may be off a bit. You will find most smokers will tell you, although they may love to go back a few years where we could enjoy smoking anywhere, we are realistic and quite content with the status quo and just wish to be left alone with the little corner we have left. The reason for the hostility IMO of the smoker, on this thread and whereever they may be, is because as you can see. The "stamp out smoking" non-smokers, although apparently asked for this, are still not happy or satisfied and continually want more and more.

Yes I realize you said "some" but I don't even think you will find enough to be considered "some" where the smokers are concerned.

There was a smoker in one of the studios on my cruise who I spoke to. She said that the room Steward had asked her to leave the toilet door open to help remove the smoke levels using the extractor fan..

Thanks Single Cruiser. Will remember that one too, and will pack earplugs. Those fans are so annoying! So it will be earplugs or cover the nostrils and breathe through my mouth :confused:. I hope neither and that everything will be perfect! :D

Too bad there is no concrete proof that you are the majority.

Sorry I can't believe all the so called studies done. I can do a survey, study etc and make it turn out any way I want it too. You believe what you want.

BTW NCL is a company not a government therefore democracy has little to do with it. They are patronizing the mouthy ones, as they believe this will keep them quiet and coming back to help their bottom dollar.

:DCome on. You live in a province that has been smoke free for some time now. Smokers are absolutely the minority and you know it. Now we're just being silly.:D

PS: no dog in this fight. Don't care if you smoke or not.

:DCome on. You live in a province that has been smoke free for some time now. Smokers are absolutely the minority and you know it. Now we're just being silly.:D

PS: no dog in this fight. Don't care if you smoke or not.

What's your point because the Ontario Government decided to force businesses to ban indoor smoking doesn't mean there are more or less smokers. Just means there was bigger mouths screaming.

What's your point because the Ontario Government decided to force businesses to ban indoor smoking doesn't mean there are more or less smokers. Just means there was bigger mouths screaming.

:DSeems like you might be a bit of a screamer yourself.

You said there's no proof that non-smokers are a majority. I was addressing that point.

Archived