Car Rental - Old San Juan

PirateGal

We are staying in Old San Juan for a few days before our cruise. We would like to rent a car to drive out to the rainforest. Since we don't want to pay parking fees, ideally, we'd like to pick up a car in the morning and return it at the end of the day.

Any recommendations on car rental companies? I had heard that there are some companies that will drop off and pick up the car.

Thanks!

Hertz has locations at a couple of hotels; one is the Marriott Stellaris in Condado. I've read very good things about Charlie's car rental but they require a $250 deposit and I'm not willing to tie up that cash for so long.

But check some of the larger rental companies; just like here they may have multiple locations

Just a thought from our previous PR experience. Rent a car at Charlie's(not sure what the $250 deposit is - maybe under 25 yrs old - we've never paid a deposit). I highly recommend staying at the El Conquistador - beautiful with private island beach. We stay there everytime we visit PR. It is on the East Coast. It is very close to the BIO Bay (Don't miss this!) and not far from the Rainforest. Before embarking, drive back to Old San Juan to explore an see a fort. It doesn't take more than a few hours.

Thank you both for your advice.

I have heard of Charlie's. It would be nice to not pay a $250 deposit. We are both over 25. I'll have to give them a call and find out. Does Charlie's deliver and pick up the car to the hotel?

Archived