STT830 st john scenic cruise/trunk bay/snorkeling what can you tell me..?

kruzin'

I have also posted my ? on the ports website...we will be on the Grand 12/3 and i would like to know is it warm enough usually to snorkel at that time of year...also if you have taken this excursion could you comment on the ferry ride, how long from cruz to snorkel site, how long alloted to snorkel before reboarding for the ride back to the ferry. ..thanks to all who reply

We did STT830 in February of this year.

We boarded the boat to St. John right at Crown Bay then transferred to a pickup truck taxi to Trunk Bay which took maybe 15 - 20 minutes. After some instruction by the people in charge of the snorkeling gear we had 1½ - 2 hours there before we met the pickup truck in the parking lot for the return.

It was a very enjoyable excursion. We've snorkeled in Trunk Bay a few times...it's really a fantastic place.

I really can't comment on the water temperature in December, but it was fine in February.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

I have also posted my ? on the ports website...we will be on the Grand 12/3 and i would like to know is it warm enough usually to snorkel at that time of year...also if you have taken this excursion could you comment on the ferry ride' date=' how long from cruz to snorkel site, how long alloted to snorkel before reboarding for the ride back to the ferry. ..thanks to all who reply[/quote']

We snorkeled there on Christmas Day and it was perfect. We rented a boat and went with a small group on our own, a great way if you are experienced in small powerboat handling. We could go where the large tour boats couldn't, so it was just us and not a sea of foaming flippers and banging heads.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking of taking this shore excursion as well. To the PP that mentioned they took it...did you feel it was worth the money? Was all your time spent at Trunk Bay or did you have time at Cruz Bay before heading back?

Thanks!!

Archived