Port Canaveral Cruise -- what to do for two days prior?

NorthTXRanchers

I scoured the board, via the search engine, and found details on hotels to stay at, places to eat, but I'm really looking for feedback about how to make the most of two days prior to a cruise departing from Port Canaveral (flying into Orlando). Strongly prefer being on the beach, but have read that Cocoa Beach is pretty "crusty" and depressed. That's not our idea of a good time. Is Port Canaveral a good place to feel like you're on "vacation" for two days or is there another area (reasonably close ... we'll rent a car) that would make that two days a ton of fun?

If I did my math right,you will be there in Feb. I would rent a car and drive to Orlando.It is a 45 min. straight shot down 528.Unisersal, Seaworld and I-drive are right there.It will be a little cool to do much of a beach thing.And the space center is interesting

If I did my math right,you will be there in Feb. I would rent a car and drive to Orlando.It is a 45 min. straight shot down 528.Unisersal, Seaworld and I-drive are right there.It will be a little cool to do much of a beach thing.And the space center is interesting

I agree too cold in Feb , for beach ,try to do walt disney or universal,

We are cruising out of Port Canaveral on the Ectasy same time as you are on the Dream. Our ship leaves Monday 2/13..we are flying down Friday night after work and doing Magic Kingdom, Epcot and possibly Universal on Sat and Sun and driving to Port Canaveral Monday morn. We got a hotel on priceline for $100/night in Orlando - about 10 minutes from parks. This will be my first time in Disney without my kids and am so looking forward to it!!

I have been to this area many times one of the best beachs in Florida is Canaveral National Seashore .It is thousands acers of wildlife and Flordia largest undevolped beach. Much of it is car friendly and if you will walk a little on the beach you can have the whole beach to yourself. It can be a little hard to find most tourists never do it is mostly locals it is north of P.C. it is true one of a kind.

Archived