Visit To Bermuda - 2012

Shaka198

From the UK we want to visit and stay in Bermuda for a couple of weeks or so in February or March 2012, and would like to combine this with a cruise, rather than flying direct. Does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable itinerary/cruise line etc. Any suggestions appreciated.

The first cruise ship to arrive in Bermuda for 2012 is the Azamara Journey who is Bermuda for 3 days 4/5-4/7

If you want the cruise to end in Bermuda the Windstar Wind Star is sailing 8 day from Colon Panama to Bermuda in early April.

From the UK we want to visit and stay in Bermuda for a couple of weeks or so in February or March 2012, and would like to combine this with a cruise, rather than flying direct. Does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable itinerary/cruise line etc. Any suggestions appreciated.

Can not do. The Bermuda cruise season starts in April and ends in November.

If you fly in direct you should be able to get good hotel rates since February and March are off season in Bermuda. Hopefully you are not planning a beach vacation as those months are not the time of year for that in Bermuda.

For an alternative to the hotels in Bermuda (which can be expensive), consider renting from a native Bermudian. We rented a condo from a homeowner for a week and had a great time. Go here: http://www.bermudarentals.com/

You'll probably have to fly to Bermuda. We did. Overall cost was about 10 to 15% more than a cruise, but we had seven full days there instead of 3.

As others have stated, Jan/Feb is "off season" for Bermuda. It will be cool-ish and places that have a heated pool will be open for swimming, but it will be too cold to swim in the ocean other than for the most brave hearted. I've been in Feb and it is delightful, but not tropical. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but if it's mostly sun and beach , I think an island in the Caribbean would be a better choice. But...as it is off season, rates will be lower and I know BA has a daily (I think) non-stop to Bermuda from Heathrow. In answer to your orginal question, though, there would be no ship calling at Bermuda in Jan/Feb.

As others have stated, Jan/Feb is "off season" for Bermuda. It will be cool-ish and places that have a heated pool will be open for swimming, but it will be too cold to swim in the ocean other than for the most brave hearted. I've been in Feb and it is delightful, but not tropical. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but if it's mostly sun and beach , I think an island in the Caribbean would be a better choice. But...as it is off season, rates will be lower and I know BA has a daily (I think) non-stop to Bermuda from Heathrow. In answer to your orginal question, though, there would be no ship calling at Bermuda in Jan/Feb.

BA flies to Bermuda from Gatwick.

Thanks for everyones very useful contribution, guess on this occasion we will fly as we are visiting family and really need to go March/April time, and save the cruise for another occasion. We tend to stay in the Uk, April to October.

Archived