Smoking policy

ednria

I know this has been addressed a number of times, I even remember seeing the thread titles. I just spent a few minutes searching and found nothing.

I seem to remember reading that smoking is allowed in staterooms. Is thjis in all staterooms, or are there designated smoking staterooms? I understand that smoking is allowed on the varandas, but I just can't remember anything about in room indulgence.

Thank you, and I apologize for bringing this up, again.

At this time you can still smoke in your stateroom and on the balconies but, after April of 2012, that will cease and no longer be allowed. Perhaps the timing is to allow those smokers who booked the 2012 world cruise to be able to smoke in those areas. That voyage ends in April.

I understand from Cunard that should your stateroom have a smoke smell to it, contact your cabin steward and they release a vapouriser into the room for about an hour which apparently eliminates the odour ?

I am a smoker, but couldn't bear the thought of staying in a cabin which has been smoked in - yuk. :eek:

I understand from Cunard that should your stateroom have a smoke smell to it, contact your cabin steward and they release a vapouriser into the room for about an hour which apparently eliminates the odour ?

I am a smoker, but couldn't bear the thought of staying in a cabin which has been smoked in - yuk. :eek:

On QE last December we were unfortunate to have a cabin after a heavy smoker and it stank to varying degrees for the duration inspite of the 'treatments' used - think more 'febreeze'' than vaporiser!!! There is no miracle machine. You can't get the smell of stale cigarette smoke out of soft furnishings in the space of a few hours - it can only be masked.

Ken

I have just found out that Cunard allow smoking in cabins - do the cabins smell smoky? It's the first I've heard of it as RC and Celebrity don't allow smoking in cabins and I just assumed that all cruise lines were the same. I've found out that it isn't the case! Normally when I book hotel rooms, I request non smoking room, non smoking floor, etc. I don't suppose Cunard have any non smoking cabins (not that we can change anyway but it's out of interest)? I understand the rules are changing next year to make all cabins non smoking, but we will be sailing in about 2 weeks time so that law doesn't really apply! I just don't like the smell of smoke in my room - it's a personal preference.

Hi This is my first voyage on the Queen Mary and I am travelling with my Mum who is a non smoker. I would not dream of smoking in a cabin or balcony so can someone let me know where it is safe to go without being shot or worse as I don't want to offend anyone but I also want a cigarette on the odd occasion? Sorry if this has been asked before but I only seem to find answers from non smokers who can smell smoke from miles away in the middle of the atlantic?

Hi This is my first voyage on the Queen Mary and I am travelling with my Mum who is a non smoker. I would not dream of smoking in a cabin or balcony so can someone let me know where it is safe to go without being shot or worse as I don't want to offend anyone but I also want a cigarette on the odd occasion? Sorry if this has been asked before but I only seem to find answers from non smokers who can smell smoke from miles away in the middle of the atlantic?

If you had gone to the Cunard site and searched in the FAQs you would have found this:

Where can I smoke on board?

The safety, comfort and enjoyment of all our guests on board has always been a key concern at Cunard. With this in mind, as a direct result of the feedback we have received from our guests, we have amended our policy with regards to smoking on Cunard ships. Smoking is no longer permitted in any public area with the exception of Churchill's Lounge (cigars only) and designated areas on the open decks and the upper level of G32 on Queen Mary 2. Smoking is permitted on private balconies.

With effect from 24 March 2012 for Queen Victoria and 27 April for Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary 2, smoking will no longer be permitted in staterooms, however smoking is permitted on private balconies

This also applies to electronic cigarettes.

This may answer your question.:)

I was just reading the Cruisecritic list of Smoking Policies and see that their Cunard info. is outdated - they still state that you are allowed to smoke in designated areas of bars and lounges, but according to Cunard website this is not the case.

Archived