Good seafood restaurant in downtown Baltimore

webfoot3

We will be spending the night before our cruise on the Carnival Pride at the Radison Lord Baltimore. Would like to have some good Maryland seafood for dinner. Can ant one help?

Nothing really good in ddowntown area. I would travel over to Canton to Mama's on the Half Shell. It's about a 10 - 15 minute ride from hotel. I have had dinner ther and it's really good.

Just google for their website.

We will be spending the night before our cruise on the Carnival Pride at the Radison Lord Baltimore. Would like to have some good Maryland seafood for dinner. Can ant one help?

For the best crabcakes in the world- G&M restaurant!!

For the best crabcakes in the world- G&M restaurant!!

DITTO...not downtown...out by the airport but YUMMY. The prob with downtown is that for the most part, it will be overpriced tourist trap lousy food....(not trying to offend anyone in baltimore....)

G&Ms crabcakes are HUGE and VERY rich....i can only eat one.....

http://gandmrestaurant.com/

if you don't have a car you could probably op the lightrail to the airport and hop in a cab...it is really close. Some of the airport area hotels will even take guests there!!

You might want to try the Fell's Point area. It's not far from downtown and you can take the water taxi to get there. Although there are no shortages of restaurants in downtown they can be expensive and not always reliable. Here are some suggestions of seafood places in or nearby: Obryki's Crabhouse, Rusty Scupper (Inner Harbor area), JPauls (Harborplace/Inner Harbor), G&M Restaurant (Linthicum near BWI airport), Phillip's (Harborplace/Inner Harbor). There are many more, take a look in a brouchre in your hotel room (if you have one) for other restaurant suggestions.

You might want to try the Fell's Point area. It's not far from downtown and you can take the water taxi to get there. Although there are no shortages of restaurants in downtown they can be expensive and not always reliable. Here are some suggestions of seafood places in or nearby: Obryki's Crabhouse, Rusty Scupper (Inner Harbor area), JPauls (Harborplace/Inner Harbor), G&M Restaurant (Linthicum near BWI airport), Phillip's (Harborplace/Inner Harbor). There are many more, take a look in a brouchre in your hotel room (if you have one) for other restaurant suggestions.

Eng23, please not Phillip's. We consider it the McDonald's of seafood. Also, quite the tourist trap. ;)

Eng23, please not Phillip's. We consider it the McDonald's of seafood. Also, quite the tourist trap. ;)

Hi Madelinerose. I know, I know, I know. I would not go there myself, I was only throwing out options/suggestions for the OP. I should have typed a disclaimer that they were only suggestions and not recommendations. My knowledge of the area is limited to the airport area and part of downtown and the Inner Harbor area. I actually think there are more steak restaurants in downtown than seafood restaurants.

Hi Madelinerose. I know, I know, I know. I would not go there myself, I was only throwing out options/suggestions for the OP. I should have typed a disclaimer that they were only suggestions and not recommendations. My knowledge of the area is limited to the airport area and part of downtown and the Inner Harbor area. I actually think there are more steak restaurants in downtown than seafood restaurants.

I know you had good intentions. ;)

I beg to differ, you are quite knowledgeable about Baltimore. You may be correct about the steak vs. seafood observation. Never really thought about it.

I do like Mama's, as Tony O suggests, but it's further from the OP's hotel and not within walking distance.

G&M is ok, but I wouldn't suggest a restaurant in Bala Cynwyd to someone looking for a restaurant in Philadelphia, where the OP is located. I can't imagine anyone wanting to travel to the BWI area from downtown just for seafood in an atmosphere that's just "eh".

Oceanaire's crab cakes are fabulous and their Happy Hour menu with small crab cakes is just great! Sit at the bar. ;)

Archived