So, exactly how "pampered" should we expect to be??

We have always been pleased on the cruises we've taken. Of course there have been a few bumps in the road where the food might have been cooked a little more to our liking but no big deal. For those that think they need pampering like royalty, well, RCCL is a perfectly good cruise line, but they might be better off choosing something else, or better yet, buying their own yacht with their own servants. Personally I would not like someone following me around day and night to see if there was something they could do for me. I prefer a little freedom along with a little spoiling, RCCL has filled that niche for me.

Lucky you in the RS...that is pampering! But thought I would tell you this:

RCI has an initiative called Save Our Seas instituted, I believe, several years ago after being fined for dumping black water and such. Part of that initiative includes a program that is posted in your bathroom regarding towels. It states that if you want a towel changed to please drop it on the floor otherwise, if its hanging they will assume that you will reuse it a time or two. I have to step out of my comfort level to do this as I am a neatfreak and respector of cabin attendants but that is what they want you to do....so feel even more pampered ....throw you towels on the floor.

(Actually, I wrap mine all together in a neat roll..dry side out if possible so my cabin attendant doesn't have to handle yucky wet stuff...I'm hopeless! :rolleyes: )

Deb

Deb,

Thanks for the info! I actually don't mind reusing them a time or two--we do so at home for the same reason, conservation of water and limiting pollutants.

We vacation regularly at a couple of resorts that have the same policy, and have found that often they take the towels and replace them with new ones anyhow even when we've hung them to dry. :(

Anne

Anne

I think those who cruise expecting to be pampered are in for a huge disappointment, most times. Particulary, if they are cruising on a main-line (i.e., mass-market) cruise line. Even with the royal suite, you only get the same food, activities, spa treatments, that every other bloke who has paid $299 for his week cruise. If you want to be "pampered" and are prepared to pay for it, start by looking at a luxury cruise line, and getting their best accommodations, and selecting the best excursions. But then again, some think that dinner at Olive Garden's with no dishes to clean afterwards is pampering. To each his/her own.

I'm in the royal suite and expect the same treatment as any other passenger, with a few exceptions. I expect more personalized service and in some cases less lines (priority embarkation/disembarkation, dealing with the concierge rather than waiting in line at guest services for ice show tickets, etc.) and a larger stateroom. My expectations are to have food that's at least "decent", good service, and a fun time, just like everyone else.

Anne

Archived