Waterworks on Fantasy Class Ships

sjkabak

Does anyone know if the waterwork water park features on the Fantasy class ships (specifically the Imagination) is salt or fresh water? Sounds like a lot of fun especially for an older ship, but can't imagine putting my child in there with salt water splashing everywhere. Would appreciate confirmation if anyone has it.

Thanks,

Steven

He will be 3 1/2 years old. He will be too little for the slides but I think he would have fun with the spray things. Is it like the water park area on the Freedom class ships? other than the salt water of course?

Doesn't that sting everybody's eyes? Or is it gentler on the eyes than the water in the typical onboard pool?

Well all pools have some chemicals in them that can irritate eyes. So salt or fresh would both cause eyes to sting.

He will be 3 1/2 years old. He will be too little for the slides but I think he would have fun with the spray things. Is it like the water park area on the Freedom class ships? other than the salt water of course?

Freedom is a conquest class ship which does not have waterworks...

RCL has Freedom class.

Fresh water on the slides. Went on them on the Fascination this past June, they are fun! I went on them on embarkation day around 1 pm and only me and a couple of kids were using them then so I highly recommend wearing your bathing suit under your clothes and giving them a try on embarkation day. My older son went before lunch on our 2nd day (first full sea day) and said they weren't very crowded then. Got more crowded after lunch.

I was on the Fantasy and when I got in the pool the water was very salty. When I took my friend's daughter to the waterworks the water wasn't salty. I should know b/c the kids kept filling cups with the water and throwing it at me and the other adults. They got me in the face once but no salt. The buckets dump the water on top of your heads too and I never saw any of the kids complaining of salt in their eyes.

Your eyes are full of "Salt" water naturally. To me the salt water is easier on the eyes than Chlorinated water.

Enjoy!!

Yeah, coming from a guy who grew up surfing the beaches of SoCal this thread is just too funny! :D

Archived