Best Line for "Senior Citizens"?

Sprucetree

"do not go on holland america. By 10pm they're rolling up the sidewalks- nightlife is non-existent."

that's the impression i've gotten from friends, too. My main reason for cruising is for the nightlife and entertainment. Definitely found it on ncl epic and ncl pearl. It also depends on who one's traveling companions are. some people are just old poops no matter what their age! :d:d

lol

When my husband and I are cruising by ourselves we prefer Royal Caribbean and NCL.

When we are traveling with our daughter, son in law, and grandchildren we prefer Disney Cruise Line. Disney is great for three generation family cruises because their level of service is wonderful and there is something for everyone. Disney Cruise Line has a number of adult only areas, including specialty restaurants, an adult only pool, an adult only hot tub, and several adult only lounges.

There was a time when Celebrity was our favorite cruise line but it is very different now than it use to be.

When my husband and I are cruising by ourselves we prefer Royal Caribbean and NCL.

When we are traveling with our daughter, son in law, and grandchildren we prefer Disney Cruise Line. Disney is great for three generation family cruises because their level of service is wonderful and there is something for everyone. Disney Cruise Line has a number of adult only areas, including specialty restaurants, an adult only pool, an adult only hot tub, and several adult only lounges.

There was a time when Celebrity was our favorite cruise line but it is very different now than it use to be.

Hello "Bridge Maven" My neighbors and my girl friend rave about Celebrity. How how has it changed? I have only been on NCL.

Hello "Bridge Maven" My neighbors and my girl friend rave about Celebrity. How how has it changed? I have only been on NCL.

kugamuga - when we first sailed on Celebrity they cost more than other mass market cruise lines but had better food and service. In recent years they changed their business model to compete on price so they could fill their new ships. Consequently, you now have to eat at a specialty restaurant to get the quality of food that Celebrity use to have in their main dining room. Their waiters in the main dining room also have more tables to serve than they did a few years ago. The main thing that differentiates Celebrity from other mass market cruise lines today is that it attracts a demographic that prefers a more formal and laid back ambiance aboard a ship.

kugamuga - when we first sailed on Celebrity they cost more than other mass market cruise lines but had better food and service. In recent years they changed their business model to compete on price so they could fill their new ships. Consequently, you now have to eat at a specialty restaurant to get the quality of food that Celebrity use to have in their main dining room. Their waiters in the main dining room also have more tables to serve than they did a few years ago. The main thing that differentiates Celebrity from other mass market cruise lines today is that it attracts a demographic that prefers a more formal and laid back ambiance aboard a ship.

So, if I understand you, Celebrity has become more like NCl except that it still has the more formal 6pm and 8 pm seatings for dinner

So, if I understand you, Celebrity has become more like NCl except that it still has the more formal 6pm and 8 pm seatings for dinner

Celebrity allows you to choose between assigned seating and eating when you want to, but has several formal nights, and observing that dress code is required in the main dining room.

Celebrity allows you to choose between assigned seating and eating when you want to, but has several formal nights, and observing that dress code is required in the main dining room.

Thanks for the info.

• 4 weeks later...

We are getting ready to take #7 on Carnival and looking at #8 next Sept. I will be 60 this time and never found any issuses. I have found Carnival to have all varietites of ages up to the mid 80's so far. Remember you make your vacation what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not read all the postings.

I am "69" and most people think I am younger than that, which is good for my benefit. As for avoiding a ship for the "55" and over, I cannot think of any.

I like someone else posted like the Carnival ships, and NO, I am not a party person, but like to have a great time.:) I have never found on any of the Carnival ships I have been on, anything that was so bad, I didn't want to be around it, but then, if you don't like what is going on, you can always go another direction.

I have been on RCCL, HAL, Princess, and NCL. As for NCL, I would avoid it all together, but I don't care for the "freestyle", or as I call that style, the LAZY way. If you like it, then go for it.

Archived