Help! - Millenium vs. RCI Radiance

Boomer4

I am also posting this in the RCI area, and I realize I may get very different answers, but here is my question:

Family of four, Eastern Carribean, two boys 7 and 4, which ship would be best for us?

By the way, we just returned from the Century with our family (4/10-4/17) and had a blast! We loved the food and service and the kids had a great time too. My three year old keeps asking when we are going back to the "X" boat and the "Chocolate Factory" (that's what he calls the Fun Factory). So I know we would be happy with Millenium, but I am attracted to Radiance because of the different activities on board and the stop in Cococay.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I recently posted a similar question on both boards too. I was interested in a comparison of Millennium class vs. Radiance class ships. Most of the replies favored the Millennium class but there was a lot they liked about Radiance class. I went with the Radiance class because price, itinerary and dates worked out better for me. At least I get to try a different kind of ship.

Norway - 2/97;Leeward -12/97;
Grand Princess - 1/99; Leeward - 6/99; Dawn Princess - 11/99;Vision of the Seas - 6/00;Carnival Victory - 9/00; Zenith - 10/00
Mercury - 3/01; R1 -7/01; Grand Princess - 11/01; Majesty of the Seas - 12/01; Norwegian Star - 3/02;
Carnival Triumph - 7/02;
Maasdam - 11/02; Holiday - 12/02; Millennium - 4/03; Carnival Victory - 7/03; Zaandam - 8/03; Zuiderdam - 10/03; Enchantment of the Seas - 1/04; Galaxy - 3/04

We have sailed on the Radiance twice and the Millie twice (as well as on the Infinity). I liked both ships and honestly you will love either one of them. But if I had a choice I would go with the Millie. The service and food is so much better on Celebrity. We also just cruise on the Mariner of the Seas and just today booked a cruise on the Infinity.

It's a tough call. We've sailed on M-class ships three times; we've been on one Radiance class ship (Brilliance). We loved them all. After 20 cruises, they are our favorite two classes of ships. I'd agree that the food is better on Celebrity but we had fabulous service on Brilliance two months ago so for us service was very comparable.

If I were choosing between these two I'd go with the better price and itinerary that we liked better.

Just a tidbit of info -- these two class of ships are built on the same hull design. We chatted with the captain on Brilliance who confirmed it.

You'll have a great time no matter what you decide.

~Host Anne

Archived