Panama Canal 20 day Vanc. to FLL - SS or SC?

DaveOKC

After hearing alot of pros on the SC wrap arounds being great for the Panama Canal transit, I was pretty well set on booking this. I also looked at an SS cabin, which is $2300 per person less (about 1/3 rd the total cost of the SC).

Saving $4600 on the cruise is pretty attractive, but I do hate to give up the full suite benefits plus the view for the canal transit.

Any thoughts?

DaveOKC

After hearing alot of pros on the SC wrap arounds being great for the Panama Canal transit, I was pretty well set on booking this. I also looked at an SS cabin, which is $2300 per person less (about 1/3 rd the total cost of the SC).

Saving $4600 on the cruise is pretty attractive, but I do hate to give up the full suite benefits plus the view for the canal transit.

Any thoughts?

DaveOKC

Dave - the SS is roomy and comfy and frankly for the panama you still want to get out on deck IMO although the aft will give you great views.

Plus of the SS - less money and a chance for a cheap upgrade. Plus of the SC - why tell you - you already know;)

My entire group of friends did the Deluxe on the Panama and never regretted it - but we still went out front on our deck (which they opened) as we entered the locks. Only YOU can decide if the aft view and the extra real estate and the perks are worth the extra money.

Nothing at all wrong with a Superior Verandah Suite:)

This is just me -- I am not a fan of the aft cabins.

But what you need to also think about -- is it worth the extra $4600 for use of the Neptune Lounge, maybe 2 cocktail parties, breakfast in the Pinnacle?

Going through the canal -- we do sit a lot on our verandah.

If you can't afford that extra money -- stay with the SS.

This is just me -- I am not a fan of the aft cabins.

But what you need to also think about -- is it worth the extra $4600 for use of the Neptune Lounge, maybe 2 cocktail parties, breakfast in the Pinnacle?

Going through the canal -- we do sit a lot on our verandah.

If you can't afford that extra money -- stay with the SS.

KK - thanks for your comments. Its really not an issue of affording it, as much as it is a value thing. I always like to get a decent value for my money. Perhaps I get too focused on this at times, but over the long haul it has served me well.

I also thought that since the cruise is over one year away, it might be better to book the SS and wait to see if an upgrade (free or paid) comes my way after final payment.

DaveOKC

Archived