Am I too old?

cunardfanatic

been looking on a new line to sail on over the past couple of months I've been solely confounded to Cunard for years and i thought its about time i had a change thing is am i too old for disney being 19 in a week im wondering would it be a bit odd me going on a disney ship alone :confused:

J

If your out going and sociable i think you'll have a great time.

But I think DCL says someone in your cabin must be 21. So I don't think they will let you cruise alone at 19. That may have changed but it use to be that way.

If you do go they do have a single travelers meet and later a luncheon so you can meet any others who might be cruising alone.

If you like to dance there are plenty of CM;s there to dance with those who don't have dance partners. You will be seated with others at dinner. That's a great time to get auqainted with others.

Best thing is to join a roll call thread, possibly on 2 or 3 different cruise boards to get aquianted with others on your cruise. Sometimes you can find others you can connect up with for excursions so you have soemone to visit with on the islands.

Your definately NOT too old. It may be Disney but there are plenty of adult entertainment and events to keep you busy. Plus there are tons of family events which your also welcome to attend.

If your out going and sociable i think you'll have a great time.

But I think DCL says someone in your cabin must be 21. So I don't think they will let you cruise alone at 19. That may have changed but it use to be that way.

thanks for the quick reply i forgot with amir can cruise lines you had to be 21 over her win europe you can normally find a line at 18 but its good to know if i can get on i won't be stuck with nothing to do or worrying that i may be out of place

J

You're way too young for Cunard! keep that up and you'll own a smoking jacket and have a subscription to The New Yorker before you're 21.

If you like Disney resorts then you'll like DCL. Give it a try.

(I'm in my late 40s and I'm not too old yet)

You're way too young for Cunard! keep that up and you'll own a smoking jacket and have a subscription to The New Yorker before you're 21.

haha i love Cunard for the evenings of glamour but i know i can find it on another ship and live my disney dream the only downside to DCL is i would have to fly and i hate flying but if its for my dream id jump on a plane now :D i just have to find out the minimum age for solo passengers ect

J

haha i love Cunard for the evenings of glamour but i know i can find it on another ship and live my disney dream the only downside to DCL is i would have to fly and i hate flying but if its for my dream id jump on a plane now :D i just have to find out the minimum age for solo passengers ect

J

Pack your bags.

According to the Terms and Conditions:

Minors under the age of 18 not traveling with a parent or legal guardian must be accompanied by an adult 21 years of age or older in the same stateroom.

This implies that you must be 18 or older to book a cruise.

The down side is that you have to be 21 to drink.

Pack your bags.

Minors under the age of 18 not traveling with a parent or legal guardian must be accompanied by an adult 21 years of age or older in the same stateroom.

That's great news. Glad to hear that's what was meant by having someone who is 21.

Since that is the case I say GO FOR IT!! Disney is an awesome cruise line. We are 60 ish and arn't too old for Disney yet and I don't plan on ever being too old for it.

Kathy

Pack your bags.

thats great news since I've been crazily looking at the website now for 3 days :D as for drinking onboard its not really been a big thing for me it would of been nice to be able to have one if i was in the mood but for me i don't see it as a thing to make or break a holiday. hopefully ill be getting onboard soon :D

J

If you do go they do have a single travelers meet and later a luncheon so you can meet any others who might be cruising alone.

In addition to the single/solo travelers meets and lunches, there are also separate meets and lunches labeled "College Club" for the 18-21 yr olds.

What's wrong with the New Yorker?

if nineteen is 'too old" I am in deep deep DEEP trouble heheheh

OP at 19 your ONLY option out of the US is Disney.. everybody else ya gotta be 21.

you'll have a blast, there is plenty to do( except drink.. at least for a couple of years.. sorry)

If you're not into the Disney characters or a Disney fanatic, and you're too young to drink, you may be bored. The evening entertainment on the Dream a week ago consisted primarily of Disney character shows or hanging out in one of the bars.

If you're not into the Disney characters or a Disney fanatic, and you're too young to drink, you may be bored. The evening entertainment on the Dream a week ago consisted primarily of Disney character shows or hanging out in one of the bars.

the disney events are the main attraction for me, im not really bothered about the age limit on drinking as im not one for setting time aside to spend time in a bar specifically Im planning on a short cruise to see if disney is for me before going on a longer one, but baring in mind since the late 90's I've been traveling on Cunard so a change would be good for once suppose if disney isn't for me im going to be back to the Queens of the ocean :D

J

• 3 weeks later...
How are you 19 and have been on 3 World Cruises and multiple TransAtlantic Voyages? Iam utterly shocked :eek: And is your company Hiring?

im part of a very wealthy well-connected family so we have the upside to travel life has an upside when you have the Spencer and Rothschild family name :D

Jay

We are going on the 11/27/11 Mexican Riviera Sailing with Disney 7 days can we count you in?:p

wish you could count me in bust I've only just finished paying for my upcoming Cunard voyage and Im of back to college hopefully I will step abroad a disney ship in late 2012 thats if all this hysteria about cataclysmic events happening to the world don't go to the mayans plan :D

CunardFanatic,

You don't HAVE to fly to the U.S.A. in order to get on a Disney ship, you haven't thought this out fully at all!

You take a WB crossing on QM2 or QV, spend a night in NYC and get on the NY itinerary of the Magic in 2012. OR when arriving in NYC spend some time there and have a look 'round, then fly the quick 2 hour trip to Miami for a trip to the caribbean on the other Disney ship. Then for the trip home back up to NYC and do the EB back over.

Nothing more simple!

been looking on a new line to sail on over the past couple of months I've been solely confounded to Cunard for years and i thought its about time i had a change thing is am i too old for disney being 19 in a week im wondering would it be a bit odd me going on a disney ship alone :confused:

J

I'm sorry but it's creepy.

You're going to find the feedback from the Disney boards are from people who believe in the "Disney at any age" mentality. But when you talk with other parents on the cruise, the subject of cruisers without kids comes up. We all agree, It's strange. And going alone, well that's creepy on so many levels.

We got back from out second Disney Cruise 3 weeks ago. My kids are 13 and 9. They're done with Disney. They don't get excited by towel animals or waiting in line to get a picture with a character. It was sad to see this, but most people grow up. When I have grand kids, I'll probably be going back. The Disney World is a little different, because it's a theme park.

Yes, Disney cruises have entertainment for adults, but it's limited and bland. See reviews of the Dream. I've been on 5 cruise lines and if I were single looking for a good time I'd go Carnival. Royal Caribbean for families of all ages, Princess for grown-ups and Disney for very young children. Another factor is, Disney is the most expensive., although that's not an issue with you. Ask your question on one of the other cruise line boards and you'll get a more objective/ real world opinion. Side note; Norwegian allowed 19 year olds to drink beer and wine, last time we were on that line.

progress.gif

I'm sorry but it's creepy.

You're going to find the feedback from the Disney boards are from people who believe in the "Disney at any age" mentality. But when you talk with other parents on the cruise, the subject of cruisers without kids comes up. We all agree, It's strange. And going alone, well that's creepy on so many levels.

We got back from out second Disney Cruise 3 weeks ago. My kids are 13 and 9. They're done with Disney. They don't get excited by towel animals or waiting in line to get a picture with a character. It was sad to see this, but most people grow up. When I have grand kids, I'll probably be going back. The Disney World is a little different, because it's a theme park.

Yes, Disney cruises have entertainment for adults, but it's limited and bland. See reviews of the Dream. I've been on 5 cruise lines and if I were single looking for a good time I'd go Carnival. Royal Caribbean for families of all ages, Princess for grown-ups and Disney for very young children. Another factor is, Disney is the most expensive., although that's not an issue with you. Ask your question on one of the other cruise line boards and you'll get a more objective/ real world opinion. Side note; Norwegian allowed 19 year olds to drink beer and wine, last time we were on that line.

progress.gif

I coudn't disagree more. I have ZERO interest in Carnival, and RCCL was a terrible experience for us. Not all adults cruise to party all night or participate in beer belly contests.

DCL offers a great experience for adults, especially those who are fortunate enough to sail concierge level. Especially for someone who would feel very young by comparision to the demographic on some (most) of the luxury lines, DCL offers a solid product at a reasonable cost with plenty that would appeal to a young adult who wasn't interested in a "party ship" atmosphere.

I'll be on a DCL cruise very shortly, and we have three adults and no children in my party. And frankly it's really no one's business why we are on DCL and frankly I don't care if they think it's strange. We'll be enjoying dining in the specialty restaurants, spending our time by the adult pool, and in a cabana on the adult beach at Castaway rather than worrying about why anyone else is onboard.

PS--We had towel animals in our room on RCCL as well. I don't care one way or the other about them.

CunardFanatic,

You take a WB crossing on QM2 or QV, spend a night in NYC and get on the NY itinerary of the Magic in 2012. OR when arriving in NYC spend some time there and have a look 'round, then fly the quick 2 hour trip to Miami for a trip to the caribbean on the other Disney ship. Then for the trip home back up to NYC and do the EB back over.

Nothing more simple!

now that would be a trip i couldn't refuse :D

and @beachbummers I rang disney yesterday to ask for advice and the majority of bookings are teens my age travelling alone I accept the way you may feel and everyone is entitled to their opinion as for carnival I don't like the way their ships are run I know staff who have left the ships because of the way the crew and passengers are treated some of the times as for drinking I don't have to have a drink to make my holiday enjoyable so thats no big thing for me as I have mentioned in my other replies but thanks for all your posts so far and I will keep you all updated but for now it only to months till I will be the youngest on the QM2 AGAIN!!! :D not that I don't love every minute

J

Archived