Carnival Pride or Vision of the Seas?

I'm looking at both of these cruises for March 5, 2006.

These ships have almost the exact same itinerary except the Vision leaves Puerta Vallarta at 5 or 6 and the Pride stays till 10:00 pm.

The Carnival Pride is newer, bigger, carries more crew but fewer passengers and the staterooms are larger. So I am leaning toward the Pride.

Reviews I've read on cc have been very mixed on the Vision but more consistently good on the Pride. So I'm leaning towards the Pride.

The main thing is, the Vision leaves at 5:00 pm instead of 4:00 pm and we are running the LA marathon that morning and may not be able to leave downtown until around 2:00 pm. The extra hour would make things less stressful.

Looking for feedback on my vacation plans! :D Has anyone been on either ship? The info on the Vision says it leaves out of Los Angeles, is that really Long Beach or is there actually a port closer in LA that would make the ride from downtown shorter?

Eight of us went on the Pride while it was in port canveral

and it it beautiful ship, Out of my five carnival cruises I

think this was the nicest ship by far, much better than the glory.

I can't comment on the RCI ship because my first Rci cruise

is on the Mariner this thanksgiving

Please see my recently posted Vision of the Seas trip report (posted on the RCCL board and the Mexican Riviera port board).

The Vision does not leave P.V. at 5:00, it leaves at 11:00 PM. There is conflicting info on this departure time depending on where you are researching cruise. I believe the RCCL website has the correct itinerary.

We were very happy with the condition of the Vision, food quality and service.

Looking for feedback on my vacation plans! :D Has anyone been on either ship? The info on the Vision says it leaves out of Los Angeles, is that really Long Beach or is there actually a port closer in LA that would make the ride from downtown shorter?

I was on the Vision this past Christmas and found the ship in top shape everything was very well taken care of. food was grea, service was top notch, and overall had a wonderfull time, would go again in a flash.

But this was our first cruise so I have nothing to compair it to.

Bob P.

well it all depends on what you are looking for out of a cruise. do you want a more party style of ship or do you want a more subdued relaxing ship. carnival is more party while Rccl's Vision of the Seas (great ship) is more relaxed.

We've been on the Vision and really loved it. The solarium was a beautiful and relaxing place, the spa was great, etc. We had a wonderful time. I've not been on a Carnival cruise so I can't give you an honest comparison. I will just say that we would cruise on the Vision again.

Thanks, that's good to know. The reviews of the Vision on cc are only lukewarm so that's why I wanted more feedback.

Ericknow32, I've been on 2 Carnival cruises and haven't really noticed it being more of a party atmosphere. Maybe that's because I don't stay up late anyway ;). I've never been on a cruise shorter than 7 days, maybe that's why.

I do love those Solariums on the Vision class ships. They are so beautiful!

Guest cruzr44
well it all depends on what you are looking for out of a cruise. do you want a more party style of ship or do you want a more subdued relaxing ship. carnival is more party while Rccl's Vision of the Seas (great ship) is more relaxed.

I have to disagree about Carnival being "party". On our Pride cruise, though it was doing the Caribbean at the time, had more 50+ passengers than I have ever seen on a RC cruise. We were in line checking in and thought maybe we were in the wrong line. We expected to see everyone under 40. Very enjoyable, very beautiful ship. I do like the larger staterooms that Carnival has. Maybe you should just flip a coin??? Have fun on what ever ship you decide to go on. I have not been on a Vision class ship, but I do like newer and bigger...

mx55mom@yahoo.com

Archived