My Bon Voyage Experience Review - Sea Princess

MTJSR

My daughter and neighbor joined us in March for a Sapphire Mexican cruise out of San Pedro. It went very smoothly. We were able to all embark at the same time and were able to be in our daughter's photo. Because there were so many people in the photo, they gave us like 4 copies. The ship tour was fun and the lunch (and wine) delicious! ;)

The charge ($39) is usable toward a cruise, but only if you book within 90 days or so. After the 90 days you lose it. Also it cannot be used on an existing booking.

Well worth it. My daughter wants to do it again in October when we sail.:rolleyes:

BTW, that is the normal embarkation day lunch menu. On all the cruises where we were able to make it to the MDR for lunch on embarkation day, that was the menu.

Interesting...I have never ate lunch in the MDR on embarkation day, too scared I'll be denied entry and have that be how I remember the whole trip:D I of course assumed it was a BVE menu because we were all in one area of the main dinning room and everyone got that same little menu. CruzinLiz says her family did the BVE from the San Pedro port. Others have thought they don't offer it from San Pedro because it wasn't available on their cruise. Wonder what the deal is?

• 2 years later...

The $39.00 will pay to have our daughter come on board for the Bon Voyage Experience -----will Princess give my husband and I the credit for our cruise next year? We always book on board to get the OBC. Or is it only for our daughter if she books a cruise within three months? Thanks for any answers I may get. Mary RM

The $39.00 will pay to have our daughter come on board for the Bon Voyage Experience -----will Princess give my husband and I the credit for our cruise next year? We always book on board to get the OBC. Or is it only for our daughter if she books a cruise within three months? Thanks for any answers I may get. Mary RM

I believe it would be your daughters within 3 months.

The $39 is the same as booking a cruise: the credit is applied to the person's Captain's Circle account. You daughter will receive a booking # for the BVE and the $39 will be credited to her account, regardless of who paid for or purchased the BVE. In other words, if you book and pay for her, she will get the credit, not you. She'll have three months to apply the credit to a future cruise.