Aqua Class Guarantee on M-Class

thejman

Does anybody know the category code for this? On the Celebrity website on the first price check screen, they show a price of $2849 for aqua class, but when you click through to book, it does not give the guarantee option, and an A2 is priced at $3499. I assume this is an oversight in the website. Does anybody know the AQ guarantee category that I can give to my TA, or even if such a thing exists?

Also, what would you do in this scenario.

Currently booked in a C3 at $3249 pp.

They just opened up guarantees across all categories and aqua class is $2849.

I do want aqua class for Blu, but the C3 I currently have booked is on the port side of the ship (South American cruise), so I'm hoping I will be able to see the coast. With the AQ guarantee I could be on the starboard side. I'm not sure how important this is, and if the coast would even be visible from the aft side in the first place. Any comments? Is it worth the risk to switch to a higher category and save $800 in the process?

Category code for Aqua Class guarantee is AX - but it is obviously seldom opened. I have not seen it much on the Celebrity website and wouldn't take it, either, because a lot of the AQ class cabins seem to be in less desirable locations, for example below the aerobics room and such.

Well, I would do it. In my experience in a guarantee room, once you are assigned you can move to any other available room in that category. So if you are lucky enough to make the switch, wait to see what you get; then, if you are not happy, find a room you DO want, (port, or whatever else) and specifically request that room.

There have been a few scattered reports of people having noise in their AQ cabins, but overall people are very happy.

Thanks for the input. Here is what I did..

Was a C3 at $3249 per person

Changed to X veranda guarantee at $2499 per person

I did not want to take a chance with one of the deck 9 aqua class even though I want aqua class. The A1 on deck 10 are selling for $3649 right now, which is way too much versus a veranda guarantee. From what I can tell, this cruise is only about 35% sold and we're 3 weeks from final payment.

I'm banking on large price reductions after final payment, at which point I can hopefully upgrade to A1 at a better price.

Given that the cruise is not selling well, my strategy going into final payment is to reduce my current cabin cost in hopes of upgrading after final payment at a better rate. If you go into final payment at the highest non-suite category (aqua class), there's nowhere to upgrade except for suites in the event that prices do come down.

Therefore, I booked the lowest category I'll be happy with, and we'll take it from there.

:cool:

I think that's a good strategy. We got a great reduction on our cruise, during a residency special, but I fully expected prices to go down again after final payment. Turns out there are only suites and a few AQ left on the ship--they discounted so much that they filled the ship. In your case since the ship is pretty open you should have better luck.

Archived