S-Class Sky Suite Question

yayvacation!

Just booked an 11 night Med on the Equinox in an S1 (1198). Looking at the deck plans, it looks as though the S1's on higher decks (2151 and 2146 on resort and 1663 and 1666 on penthouse) are larger. I know the diagrams can be decieving so I was hoping someone might have information on which is the best aft room in the category.

I did check the spreadsheet and there isn't a lot of information for the aft cabins in the S1 category so any information would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Andrea

I am not looking at my deck plans right now but in March this year we were in an S1 aft cabin on Equinox -- the deck below Penthouse -- it has the window washing thing. (senior moment, I just can't recall the number!) Don't worry about it!!!!!! It's way over on the far right corner part of your balcony and you can see all around it. Takes up maybe 5 percent of your view! It's well below the balcony. The most it obstructs is if you want to look directly below on the next balcony at that point. It also moves -- one day it wasn't there at all. I wouldn't hesitate to get one of those rooms again.

We were upgraded to a Sky Suite 2146 on the Solstice (woo hoo LOL). This is one of the aft corner suites and I have seen some photos and do believe they may be a bit larger. I think the balcony is a bit larger too.

If you do an advance search and type in "S1 Sky suite photos" you will get many posts that have included photos of the suites.

We were upgraded to a Sky Suite 2146 on the Solstice (woo hoo LOL). This is one of the aft corner suites and I have seen some photos and do believe they may be a bit larger. I think the balcony is a bit larger too.

If you do an advance search and type in "S1 Sky suite photos" you will get many posts that have included photos of the suites.

S1's are larger than S2's (both interior portion of room and balcony). But the OP is asking if some S1's are larger than other S1's. I think all S1's are the same size .

S1's are larger than S2's (both interior portion of room and balcony). But the OP is asking if some S1's are larger than other S1's. I think all S1's are the same size .

I did find some photo's (and found yours too Gonzo!) the each S1 looks about the same size (which is what I was looking for). The only reservation I have now is the hose/window equipment that looks parked outside the balcony - I don't think it will be an issue.

I found this photo, right now I am booked in 1198 and it doesn't look bad, but on the S-class spread sheets the only review for the room says "obstructed balcony". But I'll take opinions from anyone that has been in either of these suites before! (Or anyone else who wants to chime in with an opinion for that matter :))

genericEQaft-vi.jpg

I am not looking at my deck plans right now but in March this year we were in an S1 aft cabin on Equinox -- the deck below Penthouse -- it has the window washing thing. (senior moment, I just can't recall the number!) Don't worry about it!!!!!! It's way over on the far right corner part of your balcony and you can see all around it. Takes up maybe 5 percent of your view! It's well below the balcony. The most it obstructs is if you want to look directly below on the next balcony at that point. It also moves -- one day it wasn't there at all. I wouldn't hesitate to get one of those rooms again.

Claudia - thanks for your opinion, in the photo above is that what you noticed from your balcony? If it is, I don't think that would be an issue for us! Thanks again!

Yep, 1403, window washing thing way over in the corner. A non issue.

Some people said they were concerned about a pole in the room too. After the first day we forgot it was there. Liked everything about the layout of the S1 corner aft suite, in and out. So much so we have it booked for our next Aug. Norway/Iceland cruise!

Archived