Canada Place Car Rentals

RichYak

I just read this on the Celebrity board...

...If you are docking at Canada Place, several of the car rental agencies will show a location there - it's not true, but they will pay for your cab fare.
I was planning on renting through National Car Rental, which, I thought, had a desk in the Pan Pacific hotel. Is this not the case?

I was planning on renting through National Car Rental, which, I thought, had a desk in the Pan Pacific hotel. Is this not the case?

Why not call them direct regarding your particular reservation?? There have been cases where there was a "desk" but cars were elsewhere. There also have been cars at Canada Place. I've picked up my National/Alamo cars on Georgia St. and walked to Canada Place.

I actually have more faith in getting the right answer from the posters here, :D. Thanks, BQ.

it changes year to year. I can tell you, that even if they don't have a full onsite, Dollar is only a couple of blocks away (Seymour & W.Cordova), and most of the other major agencies fall into the same category.

For the best answer, phone the downtown location of the rental agency

National does have a location on the ground floor level of the Pan Pacific hotel which forms part of Canada Place. They keep some cars in the parkade there (or at least used to). It would be an 8 block walk to their downtown location at 1185 W. Georgia.

If National has their rental office right in the Pan Pacific, you may okay. I'd try to give them a call and see if they indeed will have your car for you at the Pan Pacific.

I rented from Budget and their website stated Canada Place, but when we got off the ship (with about 9000 other folks) Canada Place was a zoo. The different car rental places had a small podium, checked to see if they had you on the list, then sent you to a van to be transported to their office. They could not find me, but sent me downtown anyway. It took us two hours to finally get our rental car. And it really messed us up, because I had done mapquest from Canada Place to our hotel in Richmond, NOT FROM THE CAR RENTAL OFFICE DOWNTOWN SOMEWHERE.

If National has their rental office right in the Pan Pacific, you may okay. I'd try to give them a call and see if they indeed will have your car for you at the Pan Pacific.

I rented from Budget and their website stated Canada Place, but when we got off the ship (with about 9000 other folks) Canada Place was a zoo. The different car rental places had a small podium, checked to see if they had you on the list, then sent you to a van to be transported to their office. They could not find me, but sent me downtown anyway. It took us two hours to finally get our rental car. And it really messed us up, because I had done mapquest from Canada Place to our hotel in Richmond, NOT FROM THE CAR RENTAL OFFICE DOWNTOWN SOMEWHERE.

I noted recently that the Port of Vancouver now only lists National at Canada Place (Pan Pacific), Avis and Budget seem to have shut down their kiosks.

Archived