Taxi vs Bus---best way for us?

PurrSusan

We are a group of 6 traveling together. On day 1 we are taking a taxi tour with a local guide so that day is ok. On day 2 we want to go from the Dockyard to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse, then to Horseshoe Bay for a few hours & then back to the Dockyard. Since the taxis charge by the mile and not per person would we be better off taking the taxi & splitting it 6 ways?

Do the taxis drop you off & pick you up at the bottom of the hill at HSB? If it is only a few dollars difference I'm thinking taxis would be a better choice for us. Does anyone know what it would cost to take a taxi:

From the Dockyard to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse?

From Gibbs Hill Lighthouse to Horseshoe Bay?

From Horseshoe Bay to the Dockyard?

We thought about walking from the Lighthouse to HSB but one person in our group has a heart condition.

Thanks to anyone who can help us with this information :)

Here are the approximate metered fares for 6 passengers weekday travel

Dockyard <-> Horseshoe Bay - $35.00

Dockyard <-> Gibbs L/H - $33.00

Horseshoe Bay <-> Gibbs L/H - $11.00

Yes, the taxi will drop you off and pick you up at the bottom of the Horseshoe Bay hill.

SBtS

• 1 month later...

We thought about walking from the Lighthouse to HSB but one person in our group has a heart condition.

This would be quite a walk for anyone, let alone someone with a heart condition!!!!!!!!. Also, there are no sidewalks in Bermuda along the roadways. The roads are narrow and traffic REALLY moves along at quite a high rate. By taxi, the trip is about 15 minutes, so I would estimate (Am I right, SBTS ?), a walk would be 45 minutes to an hour, based on speed of the walkers and traffic.

Please, spring for the taxi! A narrated tour is always included, as you'll find out on your day #1!

Hope this helps! - Miriam

We are a group of 6 traveling together. On day 1 we are taking a taxi tour with a local guide so that day is ok. On day 2 we want to go from the Dockyard to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse, then to Horseshoe Bay for a few hours & then back to the Dockyard. Since the taxis charge by the mile and not per person would we be better off taking the taxi & splitting it 6 ways?

Do the taxis drop you off & pick you up at the bottom of the hill at HSB? If it is only a few dollars difference I'm thinking taxis would be a better choice for us. Does anyone know what it would cost to take a taxi:

From the Dockyard to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse?

From Gibbs Hill Lighthouse to Horseshoe Bay?

From Horseshoe Bay to the Dockyard?

We were a party of 4 and took a taxi from the Dockyard to Horseshoe and it was 28.00 for the 4 of us. The taxi took us right to the bottom of the hill. We took a taxi back and it was the same. Split, it was not bad. These taxi's hold more but ours did not wait to fill. I suggest seeing the lighthouse while on your taxi tour. ;)

• 2 months later...
Is it difficult to get a taxi at the Dockyard to go to HSB? Should I arrange for that or just take my chances?

There are plenty of taxis available at Dockyard. No advance planning is necessary. There's also bus service, including some direct express buses.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived