Grand Cayman Tender/Non Ship Excursion Question

Soonerbaby

When tendering, the passengers wanting to debark will meet in one of the lounges, typically the forward show lounge and are issued tender tickets. Those on Carnival excursions are given the lowest number tickets.

If you have an excursion scheduled that leaves early you can tell anyone of the staff present that you need an early tender and they'll provide you with a low number.

Tender operations in Grand Cayman go very quickly so I'm sure you'll be fine.

:)

On the Conquest in Grand Cayman two weeks ago those without shore excursions thru Carnival got tender tickets in the lounge. We had to be there at 7:20 to get tender tickets and were on the first tender. I was worried about missing our excursion meeting time of 8:15, but we made it off the ship with plenty of time.

Been there a few times and when doing your own thing, you stand in line for a tender ticket when your group is ready to leave ship. Your tickets are called numerically, sooner you get in line the better, not fun but usually well organized.

i have tender many times and always made my indepentant tour . watch your tour time. For our our next cruise we dock @ our 10am there 9am-- tour set for our 12noon there 11am--I have 2 hours to make the tour. i

have never been told I couldn't leave the ship

Thanks everyone! We have been to Grand Cayman on the Conquest and some of us were doing Carnival excursions and some weren't. We got a free shore excursion this time and I wanted to use it there, so I was wondering. Plus, last time we got sick waiting to get off the ship. I keep forgetting that the seas were choppy and they were having trouble lining the tenders up with the ship though. We are NOT sailing during hurricane season this time though...Lol! :p

And if your are Platinum just have Guest Services excort you to the tender :D and forget the tickets.

We're working on it....but have a ways to go. :) But, since suite guests get VIP check in, do they get special tender privileges too?

And if your are Platinum just have Guest Services excort you to the tender :D and forget the tickets.

I can't WAIT to try this out! (last cruise we missed HMC so no opportunity to test out that 'platinum tendering' perk). Have you ever tried it on the way back? It's supposed to work- but I hear mixed results!

Archived