Sunny in NYC

mondsd

I can't wait to hear reports and reviews from this weeks cruisers

What a wild ride I will be posting a review soon for all who lost a day cuz we couldn't get in to port sorry but we also missed a day in Bermuda and sailed some rough waters in a circle for 2 days :eek:

I'm planning to write a more detailed review tomorrow as I just arrived back to Boston from New York off the 8/21 Gem sailing. I wanted to just say for now that Captain Gustavsen, Sinan, and the entire Norwegian Gem true handled this situation very professionally and I have nothing but the most respect for everyone. Yes, Friday and Saturday's seas were ROUGH (but also fun at the same time). Who knew a ship could make such noises in rough seas? The ship was very accommodating of everyone's needs and offered free internet time and phone calls for those who needed to touch base at home or rearrange travel plans. Everyone's emergency contacts were notified of the changes immediately too.

I do apologize for those on the 8/28 sailing for missing a day. I quite enjoyed our extra day which made a total of 5 sea days and 2 port days (we left Bermuda a day early hoping to beat out Irene). The entertainment on these two extra days wasn't lacking, and it just shows how prepared Sinan and his staff were.

More details to come but currently I have the WORST case of sealegs because of how much motion there was so I need some sleep!

Archived