Docks at Bay of Islands

Breezey

The Celebrity Century is tendering at the Bay of Islands. Does anyone know specifically where the tenders drop passengers off? Russell of Paihia side?

Paihia side. There is also a ferry from there to take you over to Russell.

The cruise ship tenders usually go into the marina at Waitangi, as they can have that all to themselves. The wharf at Paihia is busy with local tour boats. A shuttle is provided for the short distance from Waitangi to Paihia.

The cruise ship tenders usually go into the marina at Waitangi, as they can have that all to themselves. The wharf at Paihia is busy with local tour boats. A shuttle is provided for the short distance from Waitangi to Paihia.

Good information. Do you think that is it practical to arrive at 8AM and be able to get to Russell by 10AM. Does the shuttle and ferry run continuously?

Do you have any knowledge of Phantom Yacht? They offer an excursions from 10-4 from Russell?

If it is not practical or might be a problem to meet that schedule do you know of any good sailing adventures from Paihia. I would assume since it does not require a ferry ride that it might be easier to get a tour from Paihia?

Thank you.

Good information. Do you think that is it practical to arrive at 8AM and be able to get to Russell by 10AM. Does the shuttle and ferry run continuously?

Do you have any knowledge of Phantom Yacht? They offer an excursions from 10-4 from Russell?If it is not practical or might be a problem to meet that schedule do you know of any good sailing adventures from Paihia. I would assume since it does not require a ferry ride that it might be easier to get a tour from Paihia?

Thank you.

Sorry. I have no knowledge of the tours in the Bay of Islands . Whenever we have gone there on a cruise we meet up with friends and have lunch, or just wander around Paihia and Russell.

The ferry runs all day and is only a short trip across the bay.

Heres a link to the web cam at Paihia. There is also a link on the page to Russell. (move the mouse across the page for the different times of day)

http://www.tourism.net.nz/listings/frame/visitor-information/109738?from=http://www.tourism.net.nz/region/northland/northland---bay-of-islands/paihia/visitor-information/web-cams/

Do you have any knowledge of Phantom Yacht? They offer an excursions from 10-4 from Russell?

If it is not practical or might be a problem to meet that schedule do you know of any good sailing adventures from Paihia. I would assume since it does not require a ferry ride that it might be easier to get a tour from Paihia?

Thank you.

Interesting. We have been in contact with Phantom Yacht for our Dec 24th sailing. Our tender arrives at 10 which creates lots of challenges for us with private tours that usually start at 10 the latest. My understanding is the ferry does run regularly and takes about 15 minutes across. It does make for tough booking.

Interesting. We have been in contact with Phantom Yacht for our Dec 24th sailing. Our tender arrives at 10 which creates lots of challenges for us with private tours that usually start at 10 the latest. My understanding is the ferry does run regularly and takes about 15 minutes across. It does make for tough booking.

I believe it was you post that made me aware of the company. On our day the ship gets in at 8 AM, so I am a little concerned about the timing as well. When tendering one is never confident on when they will get on a tender. I am looking into the possibility of something leaving from Paihia which would not require the ferry ride. I will let you know if I found something that looks good. Please do the same.

Thanks.

I believe it was you post that made me aware of the company. On our day the ship gets in at 8 AM, so I am a little concerned about the timing as well. When tendering one is never confident on when they will get on a tender. I am looking into the possibility of something leaving from Paihia which would not require the ferry ride. I will let you know if I found something that looks good. Please do the same.

Thanks.

Will do. I was trying to get a group of 10 from our roll call as the owner agreed if I could do arrange it, they would adjust the timing to wait for us. Only 6 so far and dont think there will be more. Too bad. Your timing may be better but with tenders, you never know especially if lots of people go on ship tours as they get first dibs off.

Archived