Carnival Liberty review from a different POV

jlwkth

Great review! Keep it coming :D! Was this your first cruise?

Thank You! Um no, this wasn't my first cruise. My family went on the Disney Wonder for Halloween in 2004. I don't really remember much from that cruise though, since I was only 7.

Tuesday:

At around 8:30 my parents woke my brothers and me up, and we all went to the Silver Olympian for breakfast. It was delicious as usual, and afterwards I went looking for Jess. Eventually I found her and we went to the second shopping talk still hoping to win something. Once again we didn't :( so we met up with our moms and went to Scattegories. I love that game, so I was really competitive about it. Unfortunately Jess doesn't really have volume control, so some of the teams that were close to us heard pretty much all of our answers. Jess and I didn't win, but we did have fun, so everything worked out. After that we went to the buffet for lunch, and then our mom's went to the love and marriage show. Jess and I really wanted to go to that, but " we weren't old enough" :rolleyes:, so we looked around for something to do. Eventually we found Nick, William and Trevor playing cards and chess in the cabinet. We joined them and played B.S. At 4:30 I went to my cabin to get ready for my parents vow renewal. When I was done I went to my parents cabin to hang out with them until it was time to go. A few minutes later the photographer came to the cabin to take some pre-renewal pictures.

BG

My mom and me before the vow renewal ceremony.

At 5 it was time for the ceremony, so everyone went down to the tapestry room. We waited a few minutes for the Captain to arrive, and then the ceremony began. It didn't last very long, but it was pretty emotional, especially because my parents wrote their own vows. I thought that was very sweet, and I got pretty choked up when they read them to each other with tears in the corners of their eyes. I almost cried too. I didn't, but I was really close to it. Then they gave each other a kiss, fed the other a piece of cake and opened the bottle of champagne.

BG

Waiting for the ceremony to begin, and wishing they didn't have to wear ties.

BG

The boys reluctantly walking mom down the aisle. It took a good 5 minutes to convince Trevor to do it, but finally he caved.

BG

Trevor's face says it all

BG

the ceremony

BG

the happy couple with the captain

BG

It was actually sheer coincidence that our waiter Z was the one who served the champagne and cake.

Next on the agenda: pictures.

We took pictures all over the ship; in the Venetian palace, in one of the clubs, and up on deck, and everywhere we went people clapped for or congratulated my parents. Some people even gleefully murmured "a wedding, a wedding!" That was really cool, but I think my parents might have been a bit embarrassed by all the attention.

BG

BG

If this wasn't enough, our photographer was going to try and get my brothers to kiss me on either of my cheeks. When she said that, everyone broke apart from each other.

BG

Up on deck 10

That is absolutely beautiful. I don't know how you kept from crying... I almost cried just reading about it. :)

I've thought about DH and I doing this. We'll be married 20 years in January. Maybe for number 25.

It was really hard not to cry, especially when my mom started to, but I think I just bit my cheek.:o

You should definitely renew your vows.:) It seemed like a really great experience for my parents, and I'm sure they will do it again.

At 6 o'clock it was time for my family to go to Harry's steakhouse, something we had really been looking forward to. To start everyone got a chilled tomato soup with hints of orange and lime, compliments of the chef. It had really good flavor, but I'm not a big fan of tomatoes, so I gave the rest of it to my dad. Then came the bread; crusty, warm, delicate little brioche rolls. They were delightful and I wished I had gotten more than one. I adore good bread. For starters my mom and I both had baked onion soup, William had beef carpaccio, Trevor had New England crab cakes, and my dad had escargots bourguignonne. I didn't really care for the soup, it was a little too tangy for me, but I did like the beef carpaccio. I tried some of William's because I didn't know if I would ever get the chance to try it again, and I was surprised to find that it was actually good. For the salad course I had spinach dressed with evoo, salt and pepper. Everyone else had the heart of iceberg lettuce with red and yellow grape tomatoes. Then finally it was time for the main course! My mom and I both had broiled filet mignon, which was so tender and flavorful. It was amazing; probably the best thing I've ever eaten.

BG

sorry for the slightly fuzzy pictures, they were taken with an ipod

My dad and Trevor both had surf and turf, which consisted of a Maine lobster tail, and grilled fillet mignon.

BG

And William had a HUGE porterhouse, which he somehow managed to finish.

BG

The last course: dessert! Mmmmmmm dessert. I have no idea how I finished it, but I did. My mom, Trevor and I all had the chocolate sampler, which I'd planned on having ever since we decided on going to the steakhouse. It was even better than I thought it would be; pure heaven!

BG

from left to right: banana pannacotta, bittersweet chocolate cake, chocolate tiramisu, and chocolate marquise.

My dad and William both had the cheesecake, which arrived in huge slices to the table. Neither of them finished their slices, so Trevor and I helped them out a little. It was absolutely delicious.

BG

At 8, with stomachs bursting, we went back to our cabins to change into something comfier and looser, and went to the hypnotists show. It was really funny what the volunteers were hypnotized to do. For example, all of the volunteers hallucinated that their chairs were pinching them, and they jumped up in pain. One thing that just the guys hallucinated was giving birth. That one was really funny, and later in the cruise I heard one of the guys say that what he hallucinated felt real to him, and actually hurt. That was pretty cool.

After that, at 10:30, Jess and I went to the Mardi Gras party in the lobby. It was packed, but we somehow managed to grab a few strands of beads. Once the party moved tot eh hot and cool club, we hit the lido deck to get some popcorn then went back to our cabins and went to bed.

Tuesday's Fun Times:

BG

BG

Just LOVE your review! What makes it even more exciting is that my 2 daughters and I are on the same ship and itinerary in November! Can't wait!

I laughed at the picture when you said this was the only shot of your brother that he agreed to pose in. I have a 14 year old who thinks the same way!!

What a beautiful vow ceremony and pictures! What an awesome idea! My husband and I will be married 25 years next year and are planning a November 2012 cruise, so thanks so much for posting about that, it would be lovely if we could do it too!!

Looking forward to your next stop!!

Archived