Carnival Liberty review from a different POV

jlwkth

Thanks for all the awesome comments everybody! I just hope I'll be able to finish the review before Saturday because I'm going away for the weekend and then I have school. So without further ado: Cozumel!

BG

Our friends took this picture before they left for their excursion

Okay so, my family got up at 7:30 and went to the MDR for breakfast. Our friends had an earlier excursion, so they went to to shore before us. After breakfast we went back to our cabins and finished packing for our adventurous day in Cozumel.

At 9:30 we met our excursion group, and our guide Michael. Then at 10 we drove to the Mayan ruins of San Gervasio. Michael, who happens to be of Mayan descent told us all about the ruins, Mayan history, and Mayan culture.

BG

San Gervasio was built in honor of the goddess of fertility, Ixchel, so many of the buildings serve religious purposes

BG

This is an original road that the Mayans built, and an arch that is the entrance into the ceremonial center

BG

hand prints from ancient Mayans

BG

After we were done exploring San Gervasio we stopped at a rest area called Pee Pee Station before heading to Playa Azul.

BG

lol, so funny! It would have been awesome to have gotten a souvenir t-shirt from that place

Playa Azul was so gorgeous, and it was not crowded at all, in fact there really weren't too many people there.

BG

I absolutely love the color of the water in the Caribbean. It is so pretty.

BG

BG

The beach was a bit rocky in some parts, so we just kind of floated around most of the time.

BG

Everyone got a free drink coupon for the bar at Playa Azul, so I got a Coca Cola Lite. :D

After an hour and a half of playing in the ocean, we reluctantly headed back to the ship and met up with our friends. Then we went to Three Amigos at the end of the pier for a snack.

BG

On the way back to the ship my my took this pretty little picture

BG

BG

Cheers!

BG

the reason for all of the margaritas is that on our excursion Michael gave us a sticker with his name on it and if you took it to Three Amigos you got a free one, so my parents got to split 5.

BG

Our very own Mariachi band that played us a "happy song"

Next up was shopping! Us girls split up from the the boys and hit up Diamond International for our free charms. Then we went to Los Cinco Soles, Del Sole and a few other shops. Shopping was awesome, especially for my mom, because she finally got the type of ring she'd been wanting for 10 years; tanzanite accented by Mexican fire opal and diamonds, all set in gold.

BG

Some pictures of Cozumel:

BG

BG

BG

donkey statues next to Los Cinco Soles.

BG

I loved how all the shops were painted bright, beautiful colors

BG

I also loved all of the beautiful mosaic fountains that were hidden between shops.

By the time we were done shopping it was 5:40, so we got back on the ship and went to dinner.

BG

everyone always liked to try each others appetizers, especially Trevor's because he always ordered the weirdest thing they had on the menu. Some of the things he got include shark, escargot, frog legs, and alligator fritters.

BG

We were always having fun at dinner.

BG

apparently my dad drinks his cappuccino the way a Brit drinks his tea.

The best part of dinner: the chocolate raspberry creme cake. The raspberry sorbet on the side was to die for.

BG

After dinner we went back to Cozumel one last time, to finish shopping and watch the sunset. One of the stores we went to was the flea market, which is where Nick and William both bought chess sets. They became obsessed with chess during the cruise.

BG

walking back to Cozumel for the last time.

BG

the only sunset I got pictures of

BG

don't worry

BG

they do love eachother

BG

ha ha ha I love this picture; one of the only pictures he willingly posed for

BG

This was torture for my brothers.

Great so far! How about the kid's clubs?? Love to hear from your perspective...

As far as the kids clubs go, I never really went to them that much. I'm 14 and was in Circle C, and to me it seemed like everyone else was younger, so I kind of wanted to be in the older kids club. That being said, they had lots of activities planned that sounded really fun, both clubs did and the things from the club that I did participate in were pretty fun, like the scavenger hunt, karaoke, and dance parties. I also didn't go to too many of the club activities because I was busy doing other things around the ship, like the game shows and things like that. I can post the list of activities for both kids clubs if you'd like.

At 8:30 we headed back to the ship, taking pictures on the way.

BG

walking back to the ship

BG

Kind of blurry, but I like the composition

BG

BG

She's so pretty with all her lights on

Once we were aboard, my parents, Jess and I went to 60 seconds or less, which is like minute to win it. We only caught the end of it, but what we did see was hilarious. For one of the challenges the contestants had to put a gold coin between their cheeks, then walk about 10 feet to a small plastic cup and try to get the coin into the cup. It was really funny because they couldn't make it on their first try so they had to do it multiple times.:D The next show was family face-off (family feud). Our team lost, but it was still really fun. After that my parents left, but Jess and I stayed for the gender showdown. That was really fun, and the girls won. For that one, the girls sat on one side, and the boys on the other. Then the girls were asked questions that guys should know the answer to, and vice-versa. There were also a few challenges. For one of them a guy and a girl had to get a pair of dentures from someone in the audience and bring them back on stage. Before anyone had a chance to do anything the lady yelled "I have dentures!" and pulled them out of her mouth. No one was expecting that, and it was one of the most hilarious things ever!

BG

sailing away from Cozumel.

After all the shows, Jess and i got popcorn from the Lido deck and then went to bed.

Archived