Carnival Liberty review from a different POV

jlwkth

Keep it going Kierstynn, you're doing awesome so far (I knew you would). We're so proud of you for dong this review

Lovin the pics too:D

Aunt Barb & Uncle Bob

Thanks guys! that really means a lot.:)

Love your review! It's great to get a young person's perspective. We are going on the Liberty in November and I have 5 teenagers that I hope will be as happy as you were with the cruise!

I'm sure they'll have fun, there is so much to do and see.:)

Sunday: the first sea day.

Around 8:30 my parents woke me up-pretty early for vacation, but I didn't want to miss anything- and we headed to the MDR for breakfast. We only went to the buffet once; it has all the same stuff, but it just tastes so much better in the dining room (plus no lines :p). The best parts of breakfast, for me anyway, were the raspberry danishes and the hot chocolate. I love those danishes.

After breakfast my mom and I decided to finally go around the ship and take pictures. Oh and the boys went to play mini golf.

BG

BG

I'm not sure why, but I think this picture is pretty funny.

BG

BG

Whale tail!

BG

When we got to the inside of the ship we ran into Nancy and Jess, and they went around the rest of the ship with us.

BG

deck 4 in front of the atrium chandelier

BG

which changes colors!

BG

BG

Atrium view from deck 9

BG

Atrium lobby and bar

BG

glass elevators; I love those, they're so cool.

More ship pictures:

BG

Victoria lounge. the table on the left is where sat for the family friendly comedy show; there's a story about that later.:p

BG

My dad hanging out in the promenade.

BG

Deck 6 elevators

BG

and some artwork.

Continuing with our girls day we headed to the Victoria lounge for the shopping talk at one in hopes of winning something. Unfortunately we didn't, but we did leave with more knowledge and coupons for free stuff in Cozumel. Gotta love free stuff.:p:D Then we hit the buffet for lunch, and hurried to the hip hop dance class. I'm not exactly sure why we went to that, but it was a fun time even though we missed most of the instructions. Ohh lol.

Well anyway soon it was time for dinner. Formal Night! YAY! I loved dressing up, but I also loved the fancy food. yum!

BG

Nick, Ian, Nancy and Jess all dressed up

BG

My mom and dad

BG

Unlike me, my brothers did not like dressing up.

BG

me and my best friend

I started dinner with strawberry bisque which was delicious, and tasted like a strawberry shortcake ice cream bar. Then I had the prime rib which was also very good. And for dessert, a famous warm chocolate melting cake, along with the usual hot chocolate. Sorry I didn't take pictures of the food. We were always rushing to get to dinner on time and usually forgot to bring the cameras. Or we were just so eager to dig in that we forgot.

Nice review. And as someone else said...love the pics. I'll bet it was wonderful to cruise with a group of nine.

Out of curiosity ... is Ian an American? I've never known any Americans named Ian but plenty of Brits/Canooks/Ozzies.

It was really fun cruising with 9 people because there was usually someone to do something with.

Yeah, Ian is American, but his dad is from Germany, so that might be where he got his name from. I'm not sure though.

okay so here is where the table from the Victoria lounge comes in.

After dinner, we all decided to go to the family friendly comedy show. We were late, so of course we decided that sitting right up front was the best option. :rolleyes: Needless to say, we became a part of the act; Trevor most of all. He was called up onstage by the second comedian, and had to move him like he was a puppet and make him act out putting siding up. It was kind of like the puppet act from Drew Carry's Improvaganza, if you've ever seen that. It was so hilarious, and it made sitting up front seem like a good idea.

BG

BG

Hopefully Trevor doesn't find out that I posted this.:p

After the show I went up on deck and walked around for a little bit. Then went back to my cabin and went to bed, excited for the following day in Cozumel.

And as promised, Sunday's Fun Times:

BG

BG

Archived