Pack Light/Wash Your Own Clothes/In Epic Studio?

Sprucetree

"You cannot pack light without washing out your clothes". That's what some of the packing light sites offer.

Have you ever done that on a cruise? I've done it on ground travel while staying overnight in hotels, but on a cruise?

Where would you hang your clothes to dry? Those skinny cabin closets don't give enough room for dry clothes, let alone wet ones.

And on the Epic? How many closets are there in Studios? Are there closets in studios? Where could you hang your clothes to dry?

Once again I am determined to pack light. But I definitely need everyone's help!

Hi all!

I washed out a sweater I was wearing on the flight back & am pretty sure there was a clothesline in the shower but high up. I just hung it on a hanger I brought along then moved it to different spots as it dried.

There are closets in the studios but they're not very deep. One has the safe in it.

I'll look for my pictures & post when I find them.

TTFN

~ Jo ~ :)

Hang it near an air vent and be sure to use a "towel burrito" to squish out the water (towel, add clothes, roll, squish hard) before you hang it up. Hanging items where air circulates seems smarter than hanging it in the shower which lacks air flow, as long as it is not dripping.

If you put a balloon or blown up ziplock between shirts or in pant legs, the air circulates a bit better and it dries more quickly.

A few of those 3m hooks or a elastic wash line might help. I normally bring a wash line similar to the Rick Steves one (long elastic twirled around so you don't need clothes pegs) and use the provided shampoo as washing liquid. These days I also pack a flocked hanger or two (huggable hangers or anything similar to that) so my shirts can dry "hung" without ripples in the shoulders. They're flat and don't take up much space.

I don't usually bring a stopper. In a pinch, a ziplock sandwich bag works okay as a stopper. More often I bring the big 2.5 gallon zip bags and use that as a "washing machine" in the shower. Epic's studio sink looks kind of small in some pics so a big zip bag in the shower might work better.

I've read the Epic has the green keys that require you to put in your key to turn on the bulk of electronics (I think I read it was the Epic). Bring an extra card from the library/credit card fliers/grocery and just leave that in there if you have something that's drying.

I felt there was ample storage in the studio. There are two closets, but no dresser, just shelves in a closet. I used two soft sided pieces of luggage/duffle bags, which was good because I shoved them under the bed. You won't want to use floor space for a suitcase--floor space is limited. The sink was something people complained about because it is small and shallow. For me, it was fine to wash my face and brush my teeth. The shower is small so navigation within it would require you to be a contortionist. Mind you, these are minor points because the studio package is so great for solo travelers. Just remember to go to happy hour at 5:30 if you don't want to dine alone. Have fun! I'm so jealous since I just tried to book a room in Feb. and the studios are sold out.

Hi all!

travelpeon ~ thanks for your tips.:D You're right, the sink on Epic is quite small. I don't remember having to put my card in the slot to turn on the lights in the studio cabin though.

mrobstad ~ yes there are 2 cupboards but they're not very deep I found. There was also baskets under the bed but I never used them although I think the steward did put some bedding in one.

I brought a couple of extra hangers & was glad I did.

I'm going to try to post the pictures of the shower, (which did have a clothesline) cupboards & sink area. Hope it works!

SDC11638.jpg.33e47c3c33dcbad6f0c177643a795f5b.jpg

SDC10837.jpg.2aa1dddcdc37c4b9dc9e53f8482cd52c.jpg

SDC10839.jpg.c880e6e224a753d34eee5bade1bac71d.jpg

Hey Jo, several us knocked the shampoo [i think] off the wall because the space was so tight....we laughed about it. And, I'm trying to remember....there was something about the shower door--I think I only learned how to properly close it the day before my cruise ended....lol...God, I wish I was back on the ship....

Hi again!

Oh yeah I had trouble with the shower door too!! It closed in an inward V until I had someone show me that you had to give it a good push.

That made even less room with the V.

I don't like those dispensers in the

shower as I bring my own toiletries

due to sensitive skin.

So looking forward to my next cruise on Epic!

Jo

Hi all!

travelpeon ~ thanks for your tips.:D You're right, the sink on Epic is quite small. I don't remember having to put my card in the slot to turn on the lights in the studio cabin though.

mrobstad ~ yes there are 2 cupboards but they're not very deep I found. There was also baskets under the bed but I never used them although I think the steward did put some bedding in one.

I brought a couple of extra hangers & was glad I did.

I'm going to try to post the pictures of the shower, (which did have a clothesline) cupboards & sink area. Hope it works!

[ATTACH]205106[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]205107[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]205108[/ATTACH]

Any chance you can rotate the shower picture? I can't seem to get my head around what it actually looks like. Thanks.

Hi all!

Sprucetree ~ sorry I don't know how to rotate it. It was not rotated on my computer so I don't know what happened!

The 2nd picture shows the shower beside the sink. You have to put your head on your left shoulder to see the 1st one properly!:o

Ciao

Archived