Handicapped Stateroom for 3 People?

Immebsmom

Hello,

I searched the boards and could not find an answer on this. We are sailing the Golden and my friend's mom is going with us. She needs a handicapped stateroom due to mobility issues. I have checked the deck plans, but it does not appear that any of the handicapped staterooms will hold 3 people. Am I correct on this? Is there anyway to get a rollaway put in the room if it does not have a pullman bed? We have documentation from her doctor ready to go.

Any help is appreciated!

Laura

I just checked the deck plans, and it seems you are right in that none of the accessible cabins have a bed for third person. As far as your rollaway question, I would suggest you either post that inquiry in the Disabled Cruise Travel subsection under SPECIAL INTEREST CRUISING, or call Princess.

I see only one HC cabin that allows three (upper bunk) and it is a Window Suite on Fiesta deck. It does not show as available when I enter the cabin number, but you could call and ask. Golden was built in 2001 and is not approved for rollaway beds. You cannot add a third person to a two-person cabin. Coast Guard regulations. EM

EM-I was just checking and found the same thing. F315 is the only accessible cabin showing up on the deck plans (window suite) that will accomodate a third person. Normally if a roll away can be added, it shows a black square little box on the deck plans, which I am finding absolutely none. Good Luck OP, you may end up having to get a second accessible cabin instead of three in the same one.

Just FYI, without a handicapped cabin, there won't be room for a rollaway or any other type of bed or cot other than the one that pulls down from the wall or ceiling. Also, any wheelcair or scooter must be able to get through the doorway and be stored in the cabin. It cannot be left in the hallway for safety reasons.

Thanks for all your assistance. We talked to our TA and if we move one of the three to our other cabin, to move two of them to a handicapped, we will have to pay a $400 prince increase. Friend's mom is using a cane or a walker, and has problems stepping up and down. So no problem with storing her equipment in the room. Since the rooms have showers and not tubs, I think she will be ok, as it is not a large step up or in.

Thanks again!

Laura

I am a bit surprised by this but it would appear that none of the Grand Class ships H/C cabins are family cabins. I know they are available on Diamond, Sapphire and latter ships. You may just want to double check with Princess on this topic. Although I would be surprised if you could book an H/C for a Christmas cruise at this late date.

Archived