Hotels near Pier/First timer

UptownGirl212

Hi -

I'm in the process of booking a Royal Caribbean cruise departing from San Juan. My boyfriend put me in charge of finding out how far the airport is to the pier where the cruise leaves from. Then looking into a good hotel for us to stay in for 3 days prior to the cruise leaving.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Phyllis:)

Hi-

We were in Puerto Rico in February to leave on Adventure of the Seas. None of the hotel areas is very far from the pier. We stated in the Condado area, and it was probably about a 7 - 10 minute drive to the pier. It really isn't very far, but traffic and weird roads makes it take about that long. Old San Juan would be about the same length, and Isle Verde area, I would add 5 more minutes. It is not difficult to get there from any hotel area, so I wouldn't sweat it!!

Hi -

I'm in the process of booking a Royal Caribbean cruise departing from San Juan. My boyfriend put me in charge of finding out how far the airport is to the pier where the cruise leaves from. Then looking into a good hotel for us to stay in for 3 days prior to the cruise leaving.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Phyllis:)

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in March 2005. The hotel is in the Condado area. The hotel was clean and very reasonably priced, compared to quotes that I got for other large hotels in the area. The hotel has a small pool and it is a couple of blocks to the beach. It is basic hotel and does not have the amenities of, say, the Marriot, but it was a fraction of the cost.

I went through hotwire.com and booked the best value deal (right now $84 a night) which is the Old Town Sheraton (normally at least $150 and up). If you use coupon code GIFTCARD06 you get an additional $10 off per night. This is a 3 1/2 star hotel.

Not necessarily "close" to pier [we weren't there pre-cruise], but a beautiful little "boutique" hotel just off Condado: Coral Princess Inn. Very romantic, reasonably priced - we loved it! If you look on the TripAdvisor website, you'll find almost exclusively very positive reviews.

Not necessarily "close" to pier [we weren't there pre-cruise], but a beautiful little "boutique" hotel just off Condado: Coral Princess Inn. Very romantic, reasonably priced - we loved it! If you look on the TripAdvisor website, you'll find almost exclusively very positive reviews.

We also stayed at Coral Princess. Absolutely loved it!! I have written a review in the following thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=140324

You can also go to http://www.welcometopuertorico.org then all the way at the bottom they have links to maps for sightseeing and dining. A little way back up the page you can click on "lodging" and it will take you to some hotels, if you click on one of those you will see a particular hotel but then click on "map" and it will lead you to mapquest and then you can compare locations of hotels and have a map to show you exactly where the hotel is located in relation to the piers.

I went through hotwire.com and booked the best value deal (right now $84 a night) which is the Old Town Sheraton (normally at least $150 and up). If you use coupon code GIFTCARD06 you get an additional $10 off per night. This is a 3 1/2 star hotel.

How do you use the coupon link to book this through hotwire?

Archived