What Exactly is the Thalassotherapy Pool?

happybeachbum

Is this a mineral salts pool for detoxing? Is there any chlorine? Is it wonderful?

Hello Happybeachbum –

I’ve been holding off responding to your question about our Thalassotherapy Pool and spa program as a means for detoxification because I wanted also to include the most updated policies for use of the T-Pool. It’s taken longer than expected to get that information and I realize that you’ve waited too long for a response and I’m sorry for the delay.

So here’s part of the answer:

Using the Thalassotherapy Pool with in conjunction with selected spa treatments delivers detoxification and relaxation.

The Good Spa Guide 2011 defines “Thalassotherapy as a variety of treatments that use seawater and seaweed, each designed to tone, moisturize and revitalize the body and skin, and, in many cases, to improve circulation.” The name comes from the Greek words thalassa ("the sea") and therap ("treat").

Immersing yourself in the Thalassotherapy pool provides the therapeutic use of soothing salt water as warm bubbles caress your muscles and skin. In addition to the pool, Thalassotherapy also includes various treatments such as mud baths, body wraps and exfoliation.

“A detox treatment is any therapy, massage, wrap or regime that helps you to get rid of the toxins in your body. The idea of detox is to improve your general health, boost your circulation and help your body's immune system so that you are less likely to get sick and will feel and look better generally.”

On our website you will find a link to an electronic spa menu (eMenu), which has the information about our Thalassotherapy program: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/spa-fitness

Very shortly, I’ll add information about the policies governing the use and access to the T-Pool.

With respect to your question, “Is it wonderful?” I’ll leave it up to the community to share their opinions with you. Unfortunately, I’ve never experienced the treatment.

I’m sure that soon, you’ll be able to answer that question for yourself!

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

I was in the "pool" on Azamara Journey - it is wonderful to use after a long day on a bus, or a lot of walking.

I find it too bad that there is a charge - most people would respect that this is only a pool you use for theraputic time - and keep it quiet (I have used it this way on another cruises line).

It is free if you have spend a "day in the spa". Yes, it is hot - but not intended to sit in for a long time. And not to be used to refresh, but relax muscles etc.

Much nicer than hot tubs!

It is very underused, mostly empty!

is it free for suites? they never told me! :confused: I will tell them next time I didn't even had the time to see it. Is it indoors?

The pool is outside on a small deck with sun beds and you access it through the spa. You have to sign in at the spa desk. We used the deck almost every day. It was very peaceful.

This makes the pool sound like a smaller version of the T pool on the Celebrity M class ships...can anyone confirm? Those are adult only pools adjacent to the spa area, but there is no charge. One of my favorites on those ships. Would it be true that a club continent suite guest would have free access? If so, yahoo, and I might never have found it past the spa since I don't tend to purchase treatments. Once again, great info from CC.

Hello to all –

Thanks to all of you for sharing your impressions of the T-Pool and the intimate sun decks that are located on each side of the T-Pool. The pool is located forward on Deck 9and is accessed through the spa. As Grandma Gilly mentioned the sun beds are wonderful for relaxing and offer privacy.

I noticed several questions about the policies and additional charges for the use of the Thalassotherapy Pool and deck area. Here is updated information as of September 8, 2011:

It's available for all suite guests throughout the cruise on a complimentary basis.

The T-Pool can be used free of charge before and after a purchased spa treatment.

There is a charge for non-suite guests based on the length of the voyage:

 7 DAY CRUISE

 $125 per couple

 $75 per person

 Day pass - $20 per person per day

 10 DAYS AND LONGER CRUISE

 $175 per couple

 $99 per person

 Day pass - $20 per person per day

We will be updating our website accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

After loving the T-pool on many Celebrity ships, I signed up for the pool on the Journey. It was terrible. Tiny, not much space to sit, could not walk in it, and very windy. It's extremely forward in front of the spa. The regular hot tuibs near the pool deck are better...and also free. I tried it, did not like it, and got my money back. I was sorry that it wasn't like the ones on Celebrity. Save your money. If you want a large t-pool inside, then Azamara isn't for you. They don't have inside pools.

Archived