What can I expect from my 2-night Cruise to Nowhere?

Sandyrella

On a one night CTN there is NO checked baggage.

Everything will be open, the shops will be "Tax Free" not Duty Free.

You don't need a passport, and there is no custom check getting off. You swipe off the ship and that's it.

That is when I had some fun. The amount of people swiping off with "Bong" not a "bing" and security telling them to go to Customer Service because their tab isn't settled.

On a one day there isn't even a lifeboat drill but you will have to have one on a two day. USCG requires it within 24 hours of departure so that is why a one day does not have one (they stopped selling booze for 7 ENTIRE MINUTES while reading the safety drill over the PA) :(

A CTN 2 day is nothing like a regular cruise, but most enjoyable.

Carnival has 2 Day CTN for the Miracle out of NY on 10/13, you got me thinking of doing it now...

Maybe you can schedule in a toilet break for the 7 minutes the bar is closed.:D

I was thinking the hassle of passports and multiple suitcases. As a novice, it all seems overwhelming and expensive. I can't book until January-waiting for my tax return. I see here in the posts that a 2 day is not a typical cruise experience. Any suggestions for a tight budget? I could go out of Baltimore....

I was thinking the hassle of passports and multiple suitcases. As a novice, it all seems overwhelming and expensive. I can't book until January-waiting for my tax return. I see here in the posts that a 2 day is not a typical cruise experience. Any suggestions for a tight budget? I could go out of Baltimore....

I think you should go for it. I have done a few weeklong cruises and a 4 night cruise. I am taking my first 2 night CTN in a few weeks, actually on Carnival. I believe you will get a good experience of what cruising is all about. Not sure what people mean when they say its not a cruise experience. You are on the ship...You get to enjoy the amenities, food, activies and action. I am super excited for mine

Archived