price drop

lacey jane

Canadian and U.S. bookings - RCL will not honour price drops after final payment. It has nothing to do with your TA, it's RCL's policy. This thread was started by a Brit and they are entitled to the price drops. The trade off-they cannot cancel once they have deposited without losing their deposit.

RCL does say they will do an upgrade all things being equal with a price drop after final. They just have a lot of excuses for not giving it.

I understand about refunding the pricedrop, and I'm a 'Brit'

I just have to hope that my TA will push RCL to give me an upgrade. I've been asking him over the last month about upgrades anyway, we're diamond and it's my wife's 40th birthday, but he's just given me the RCL company line.

Will see what happens tomorrow when they all come back from holidays

I just have to hope that my TA will push RCL to give me an upgrade. I've been asking him over the last month about upgrades anyway, we're diamond and it's my wife's 40th birthday, but he's just given me the RCL company line.

your TA must phone for you as the contract is between the TA and the cruise line, i phoned RCL and they told me that so i then phoned the TA and within 2 hours i had a phone call saying that £775 was going to be refunded

We are a party of seven. 5 friends booked 2 balcony cabins in july in UK.

I booked in US about a day ago to join them.

Can someone explain the UK 'price drop rule' as I would like them to benefit from any legit refund.

Hamrag, I recall your inputs on Holiday Truth and have taken some of your advice/cruise spotting deals in the past. It would be a pleasure to meet you.

:)

Hopefully by this time you have your upgrade. I was really posting that info the the American's on this thread who are talking about the U.S. rules.

I would like clarification on the "after final payment" criteria. Is a refund not available after the final payment is made or after the final payment is due? If the former, than it is to my advantage to wait until the last minute to make my final payment?

We called twice over the weekend about price drops on our Sept. 24th departure. Once they told us we could pay $100 more per person and upgrade to a JS. We were kind of annoyed since with the current rates ($300 lower per person) you could upgrade to a JS for FREE. We tried calling back the next day and that person told us we would have to pay $500 more per person to upgrade. Seems like the policy is totally inconsistent!

I would like clarification on the "after final payment" criteria. Is a refund not available after the final payment is made or after the final payment is due? If the former, than it is to my advantage to wait until the last minute to make my final payment?

No refund after final payment DATE!! But you can upgrade if higher rate cabins have dropped down to what you're paying.

Hopefully by this time you have your upgrade. I was really posting that info the the American's on this thread who are talking about the U.S. rules.

Unfortunately, I don't have my upgrade sorted yet. My TA is taking his time, I just hope that the suites haven't all gone by the time he gets round to it! :)

We are a party of seven. 5 friends booked 2 balcony cabins in july in UK.

I booked in US about a day ago to join them.

Can someone explain the UK 'price drop rule' as I would like them to benefit from any legit refund.

Hamrag, I recall your inputs on Holiday Truth and have taken some of your advice/cruise spotting deals in the past. It would be a pleasure to meet you.

:)

Price drops must be honoured, and we have already received a total of £270 back to our credit card during past 10 days! That said we are self booked, cruise only. The TA still needs to get the refund legitimately due for the UK bookings, but many resist....be insistent and keep pressing.

What you, with the TA's help, need to establish is the cruise part of your total cost i.e. the flight and transfer element of your initial costing need to be stripped out to establish how much is due refunded!

Best wishes, and let us know how it goes.

Archived