Carnival Magic - 12 Days in Med review....

TheCaveman

OMG, loving your review!!!!!!!!!! Your pictures are terrific and your sense of humor is fantastic. You've had me LOLing numerous times. We did this similar itinerary on Carnival Liberty in '06. One of my favorite sites was the clock tower in Messina. I loved seeing it again! DH also said his favorite port was Dubrovnik. I've had a wonderful time revisiting all the highlights. Thank you for taking the time to write a review! :D

Hi all, thanks for the kind comments.

We tipepd in USD.

I am busy busy the next day or so, but, have the rest of the review alreaddy typed up, so, I will post and finish by Sunday.

I will also include our 2 days spent in Barcelona afterwards.

Caveman,

Excellent review thus far. Can't wait to read the wrap up this weekend, if you find time to post.

Will just say, it's going to be an interesting day at your house a month from now if Ireland and SA both make it through their pools:cool:

Caveman,

Excellent review thus far. Can't wait to read the wrap up this weekend, if you find time to post.

Will just say, it's going to be an interesting day at your house a month from now if Ireland and SA both make it through their pools:cool:

That made me smile, always welcome a fellow supporter.

South Africa will make it out of there group…. That is a given :p

The GF is a full on Ireland supporter. And, I, off course, am a South African Supporter.

2 years ago, when SA came to Dublin, and played, I went to watch the game live. GF went to pub with her friends to watch. Well, SA lost to Ireland, and, that night, I did not speak to her at all….

And, I am sure that is what will happen. SA and Ireland will meet in the Quarterfinals, if Ireland can make it out of there group for a change….:D:D:D

Ok, now, some of you might think this is dumb, some might think it is great, but, all I can say is, for those of you that just have to win the Ship on a Stick, on the Magic, print this, take with you, it is all the answers to the Big Screen Trivia.

This I dedicate to Penguin Lady, as she took this game soooooo seriously…

Big Screen Trivia Answers on the Magic.

1) Dirty Dancing

2) Bridget Jones Diary

3) Armageddon

4) Crouching Tiger, hidden Dragon

5 – Casablanca

6 – American Graffiti

7 – ET

8- 4 Weddings

9 - Grease

10 – The Godfather

11 – Harry Potter – Order of Phoenix

12- Gone With the Wind

13 – Hitch

14 – The Bodyguard

15 – Mr & Mrs Smith

16 – It’s a Wonderful Life

17 – Gerry McGuire

18 – Mullen Rouge

19 – Moonstruck

20 – An Officer and a Gentleman

21 – West Side Story

22 – Shakespeare in love

23 – The Notebook

24 – When Harry Met Sally

25 – Spider man 1

26 – Rocky

27 – Pirates of the Caribbean

28 – Nothing Hill

29 – Princess Bride

30 – Roxanne

31 – Indiana Jones – Raiders of the lost ark

32 – There’s something about Mary

33 – Top Gun

34 – Brave heart

35 – Star Wars – Empire Strikes Back

36 – Aladdin

37 – Shrek

38 – Superman

39 – 16 Candles

40 – Lady & the Tramp

Venice

Crazy, crazy, crazy port. There were 4 or 5 ships in a port, people were getting off from all of them at this same time, plus Costa was disembarking passengers, as Venice was a home port for this particular ship. So we also get off the ship, there were looooooong lines of people trying to get tickets for water taxi.

DSC04877.jpg

DSC04878.jpg

We walked passed all the long queues and about 200 meters to the stop called “People mover”. We took that electric tram, journey maybe 2 minutes, cost 1 euro pp. After that we arrived to the central "bus" station, where they had normal buses and water buses. We took water bus to St. Marc’s square, which cost 6,50 euro pp and its worth it, as whole journey took about 10, 15 minutes through main canal, which is like a “city centre” of Venice.

Journey was very nice, crowdy, as there were many people on the “bus”, but still you are going main canal, you can see all old buildings, gondola’s, little restaurants, narrow side canals, bridges etc. very nice views.

Once we got to St Marks Square, we were really sweating already. Another HOT day…

St. Marc’s square was very crowdy, as you could expect.

Long lines to get into church. We strolled around, took some pictures, and then we decided to do what some of tourist guides advise you to do…..just get lost.

As this is the best way of sightseeing in Venice, just get lost in those narrow; little, all look the same streets. And we tried, keep walking straight and turn on the different corners just too loose orientation…..it didn’t work for us. We knew all the time how far approximately we are from the main canal.

Eventually we stopped trying to get lost and went for lunch.

And this is what we ate, chicken with fries and coke. It cost €9.99 which for Venice is very cheap.

While we eat lunch, we watched people passing buy, and there was a bridge right beside restaurant. We watched people struggle to cross bridge with suitcases or children in buggy’s. So the GF told me, and it makes sense : ,

That it’s nice to visit Venice and all, but to fly there, drag yourself all the way from the airport, then through those little narrow streets and step bridges with suitcases – that’s very inconvenient. You can’t just take taxi from the airport like in any other city. You need a water bus from airport to St. Marc’s square, and then you have to basically walk. Or you can take private water taxi from airport, but that will cost you a lot. So Venice if you travel with baby/child in a buggy or if you are handicap - it’s not the best place to visit. Mostly because of large number of bridges with steps

DSC04912.jpg

DSC04913.jpg

DSC04916.jpg

DSC04917.jpg

DSC04918.jpg

DSC04942.jpg

Well, we walked past the girl who could not stop speaking during the show, and I snapped her picture.

Now, as I don’t want to offend, or point fingers, lets just say she is in this picture….

And, as she saw us, looking at her, and, I assume she knew who we were…

I would give anything to know what she was thinking….

ddddddddddd.png

Archived