Holiday Inn=Miami int'l airport

gillmom2

We stayed there for $69 pre-cruise in December. I booked it because they provided transfer from airport to hotel to pier.

The best I can say about it is: They got us to the pier in plenty of time (actually, their driver talked me into going 2hours earlier than I had requested - and guaranteed me that we'd be glad we got there earlier - and he was correct).

Hotel was okay - not the best - could have been cleaner - just not well located. Not much to do (safely) in the neighborhood without taking a cab. Had trouble communicating with everyone (or so it seemed) who worked at the property - apparently English was not their first, second OR third language!

I'll look elsewhere this coming December.

Peter basically it's old, not in the best shape, and not in a very safe location... Remember, you get what you pay for, but if price is a factor you might try Priceline for a 3 or 4 star hotel in downtown Miami, and can get a much nicer hotel for what you would probably pay at that place.

I can get the Holiday Inn through my company for $50.00/night. We really are not looking for anything special, just a place to sleep for the night. We have a year to decide (darn it), so I'll just keep reading the message boards and we'll make a decision eventually! Thanks for the answers!

People seem to have been getting the Hyatt downtown through Priceline for $55 lately... There's also a Holiday Inn downtown, across from Bayside and the Port of Miami if you can get a deal at Holiday Inns. You might try that one, its a lot better than that airport one.

We're staying here before our cruise in April. Last year we stayed at the Days Inn Civic Center - wow, anything would be better than that I'm sure. But I'm wondering if I should just cut my losses and book downtown. The only thing is I'd take a hit on cab fares. Hmm.

I booked two rooms at this hotel thru Priceline ($32 +tax each). I hope it's at least clean. :o We are flying in late and just need a place to stay for the night... I would rather spend the money on the cruise. I suppose if it's not the best, we can look on the bright side... it can only get better (once we are on the ship!) ;)

Carol

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm back from my trip. I stayed at this hotel on the eve of my trip. First of all, the two rooms we got were in two different towers. I wasn't happy about that. They claimed they had no other rooms. I heard Tower 1 was the nicer one, so I gave my mom that room... good thing, too. The other one was awful. The hallway was poorly lit (kinda creepy), and our door didn't even shut! :mad: It was obviously broken... how could they not know prior to allowing us in there? They sent up a repair man who fiddled with it with a screwdriver for a few moments before radioing back to someone else. It wasn't English he spoke, but I understood the word 'impossible'! The person he talked to said there were no more rooms, so he indicated to us that he'd be back in a little to fix the door. He came back and removed the lock mechanism and tried to install a new one. Meanwhile, my kids were cross and hungry (this all started about 10:00 pm). It was quite frustrating after a long day of flying. After about 45 more minutes, my husband called the desk (again) and said that this just isn't working out. They finally moved us into a handicapped room in Tower 1 (ironically, next door to my mom). It was much nicer. By the time we went out to look for food, it was 11:45 and most everything was closed (except a Pollo place across the street, which was to close at midnight).

Bottom line, it is very worth $40 a night IFF you get a room in Tower 1. Perhaps even worth $50-$60. But I would not pay that much for a room in Tower 2. The positive thing about this place is the fact that it is very near the airport. I'd rate the Tower one rooms 2 to 2-1/2 stars. Id rate the Tower 2 rooms 1-1/2 to 2 stars.

Hope that helps...

Multiple places travelocity, orbitz, etc.. Have this as a 3 star hotel. I guess I will bring my Lysol wipes and spray. I don't understand the tower thing online the hotel picture shows 5-6 story hotel. Hmmmm. Is one tower behind the other? They are listing the price at 110 now? Why so high if the hotel is yucky???:eek: Additional info would be great!!! Thanks

... I don't understand the tower thing online the hotel picture shows 5-6 story hotel. Hmmmm. Is one tower behind the other? ...

Yeah, I thought the same thing... didn't look like two towers in any pictures I saw... felt unsure about calling the hotel and asking for Tower 1 (didn't want them to think I was nuts if I had my facts wrong!). Not sure how it all works, but Tower 1 is where the lobby is... elevator is right around the corner from the front desk. For Tower two, (you never actually go outside to get to it) you walk past the elevators to Tower 1, turn right and then left and go down the hall (something like that... I may have the details wrong) then board a different elevator (old... looks like a service elevator) and go to your floor. The hall was like a shape of a "7" (or "L") with the elevator at the bottom end of the "7". In Tower 1, the rooms are arranged in a square pattern, with the elevators in the middle of that square. I'm probably not explaining it clearly... does it make sense? Bottom line, the hall in Tower 2 reminded me of an old, poorly lit dorm, the other Tower felt a little more open.

Are you not going until November? You must be going nuts! Must seem like a looong time from now. :o

Anyway, hope it goes well... did you book thru Orbitz? Is it like Hotwire/Priceline (i.e. no cancellation)?

My family stayed at this hotel April 21. I would agree with comments on accomdations. It showed it age, but was cleaned. We were in tower 1. I slept well and rarely heard the planes. I never had a hard time understanding anyone. We, 6 of us, thought the personnal was very friendly. We were appreciative for accomodating us with the of request of splitting the bill between the two people staying in each room. We paid $79 plus tax, directly with them, using AARP and AAA. Otherwise we were quoted $89. I would stay there again.

Oh, that old place? I had my 12th birthday party there when they still spoke English. My Dad rented us 2 rooms and my sister chaperoned. What a blast going up and down the elevators.

I'm 46 now. lol And it had been around forever back then. I guess it needs updating. And you'll need a spanish/english dictionary. Or maybe creole.

It brings back memories when I pass there. But I wouldn't want to stay there. The area isn't what it used to be and VERY congested with weird traffic patterns going around it.

Thanks Mamma bear and SuzyQ. We will be going in around 6pm on the 19th and leaving 9 or so on Sunday. We are staying there again on the 27 and flying home on the 28. I have already booked and cannot cancel. I think there hotel is being misrepresented but I am going to call the reservations people and see what I can do. If nothing I will be on vacation in Florida life is good!:D

We stayed here on the 22nd of April before our cruise left on Saturday. Our flight picked came in at 10:30am and the shuttle was there waiting for us. I was expecting to wait for awhile in the lobby until a room was ready as we were so early, but we were in our room by 11am. They were so friendly, and the room was alot nicer than I had expected (tower 2 - not as bad as previously posted). The resturant upstairs was good for dinner, but the buffet in the morning wasn't that great. I would stay there again with no regrets. However, it would be nice to have more to do in the area.

Just thought I would throw this out here. I stayed at this hotel last June for my first cruise. It's a nice hotel with not many frills. It does have a great pool, and the shuttle service is usually quite timely. The rooms were very clean, although the carpet was a little old. The restaurant was nice, and has a great view of downtown Miami in the distance. Overall, I thought it was a great stay, and I would stay there again.

Well, I've been looking for hotels in Miami for our November cruise on Radiance. I found this 2.5 star hotel through Hotwire for $38 a night. It has an airport shuttle, a restaurant, laundry services, and pool. I thought "Sure, that's a great price." So, I just bought it about 10 mins ago, and it turns out that that hotel is the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport...the same hotel! Last time, we paid $100 a night for it! Saved 60% through Hotwire.

For anyone interested in this rate, go to Hotwire, look for 2.5 star hotel in the MIA area. Listed amenities are Airport Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Coin Laundry, Fitness Room. The rate should be between $37 and $40 (although it does depend a little on WHEN you are trying to stay at the hotel).

For this rate, IT IS A GREAT STAY!

I appreciate your responses!! really. I feel much better because they would not let me change so I am staying there. I couldn't believe that it was so bad but you never know. You have made me calm down alot!!!!:D

Why not check out the pricing for the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. (This used to be the Best Western Marina Park Hotel). It is an excellent location, and the hotel is very nice (not 5 star, but certainly not dank and dingy).

Archived