What time to arrive for ZONE 1?

ampleiwb

I want to be in ZONE 1-

So...when sailing out of miami on a sunday (valor 9/18) what time should I arrive at the terminal in order to get a zone 1 card? (or-what was your experience?)

Also-in Long Beach, in the event of rain-they sometimes hand out zone cards at the queen mary-is there anything like this that I should be aware of at Port of Miami?

Thanks!!

jamie-

what ship were you sailing? See--this is exactly what I was afraid of-arriving at 1030 and being in zone 'double digit'-yikes! On the other hand I am worried about arriving too early and carnival maybe not being set up to do check in's yet.

What time did you get on the ship with that zone 1 card?

I really do not mind waiting (I will have my smartphone, and nook-but I'd do better if I knew how lond to expect)

when we sailed last December (out of Jacksonville), we got off the ship around 845am and the line of cars to get into the parking lot was already out to the security shack (probably 20-30 cars!).

I've read on these boards from people who have arrived at the port early enough to watch the ship come in before sunrise! Talk about wanting to be the first one onboard! :eek:

For us, we arrive at the port around 1-2pm. No amusement park-style waiting, very quick check in, straight to the front of the line, no battling people in the elevator, cabin is ready, we can go straight there to drop our carry ons instead of hauling them around the ship for hours. Good way to start our vacation every time! :)

I want to be in ZONE 1-

So...when sailing out of miami on a sunday (valor 9/18) what time should I arrive at the terminal in order to get a zone 1 card? (or-what was your experience?)

Also-in Long Beach, in the event of rain-they sometimes hand out zone cards at the queen mary-is there anything like this that I should be aware of at Port of Miami?

Thanks!!

We always get to the port around 9:00 just so we can get Zone 1 cards. Since there are only so many numbers per zone, they go pretty quickly.

The Port of Miami is indoors. If it rains, which I hope it doesn't for your cruise, you'll be nice and dry inside.

Thanks! We were planning to arrive around 1030-but after reading lots of reviews I was beginning to question if that was early enough. Anyone else have any input?

If you arrive around 10:30, you'll easily be in the teens zone.

We were on the Liberty...I don't think we ended up getting on the ship till like 11:15 or so(there were some weddings and another large group function i think). We were among the first in the whole port area. We waited in no lines until it was time to take our pictures and get on the ship. We drove down from VA so we had nothing better to do then to wait at the port. We gave our selfs some time for parking, luggage ect, but really didn't need it!

Have fun!!!!

Thank you stargatefan! SO glad to know this! And-this is news that only makes me happier-I know I will probably wake up early due to excitement-this will just mean I can get up, get ready, have breakfast and get that taxi to the pier!! So excited:)

jamie-

what ship were you sailing? See--this is exactly what I was afraid of-arriving at 1030 and being in zone 'double digit'-yikes! On the other hand I am worried about arriving too early and carnival maybe not being set up to do check in's yet.

What time did you get on the ship with that zone 1 card?

I really do not mind waiting (I will have my smartphone, and nook-but I'd do better if I knew how lond to expect)

The night before each cruise, I am like the little boy in the Disney commercial, "I'm too excited to sleep!" So I am usually up before the crack of dawn watching the ships come in to port. (Much to DH's chagrin. :p ) Therefore we have arrived at the port early enough that the doors were not yet opened. Doesn't usually take too long until we get in, though. Once I have our Zone 1 card in hand, I sit with DH. One of our favorite things to do while waiting oh-so-many hours at the port is people watch. Just being in the port building makes me feel like my vacation has begun.

We have embarked as early as 11:15 and as late as 2:30. (That was due to issues with customs and disembarking passengers.)

Thank you stargatefan! SO glad to know this! And-this is news that only makes me happier-I know I will probably wake up early due to excitement-this will just mean I can get up, get ready, have breakfast and get that taxi to the pier!! So excited:)

Read my previous post. (#11)

It took three cruises for DH to stop complaining about:

1)Me being up so darn early.

2)The camera shutter making lots of noise as I took pictures of the ships so darn early.

3)Getting to the port so darn early that we had to wait outside for a little while.

It's all worth it. That Zone 1 card is very special for us pions who are not VIP. I can sleep when I'm old.

Okay new plan (tentative)....

we are staying at the intercontinental across from the pom. Im sure I will wake up early-but will set the alarm for 730am just in case. Up, shower, eat breakfast etc. Be at the front desk for a taxi at 9am sharp...from what I gather this should put us at the port at 915 or so...?

Do we need to call down for a taxi-or will there be plenty just waiting outside the hotel?

Archived