Turtle Cove Swim Power Snorkle doubts

DareM

Hello, I've been checking the forum but haven't found info.

Has anybody done it?

I have doubts, do they give you a life jacket of something so you float and don't need to be swimming all the time?

I had lung surgery so I'm not sure if I should cancel it or if there's no need, it all depends of what it's like.

I'm cruising with Royal Caribbean and had booked the excursion so I need to know to cancel it or not (the excursion is in 10 days)

Thanks

This isn't a definitive answer, but all of the snorkeling excursions that I've witnessed required all of their participants to wear a snorkel vest. I've asked not to before, but was told that I had to. I can't imagine that if you needed/asked for one, that it wouldn't be available for you to use.

You might want to email the RCL and ask for more details & let them know your conserns. I have emailed before & it really helps. Also I am sure that if you are not able to do this, you can get back on the boat & just watch from there.:)

Hello, I've been checking the forum but haven't found info.

Has anybody done it?

I have doubts, do they give you a life jacket of something so you float and don't need to be swimming all the time?

I had lung surgery so I'm not sure if I should cancel it or if there's no need, it all depends of what it's like.

I'm cruising with Royal Caribbean and had booked the excursion so I need to know to cancel it or not (the excursion is in 10 days)

Thanks

You might want to email the RCL and ask for more details & let them know your conserns. I have emailed before & it really helps. Also I am sure that if you are not able to do this, you can get back on the boat & just watch from there.:)

Thanks. I have emailed them but they haven't answered, so I'm waiting if somebody has done it and answers me here:rolleyes:

If it can't be I won't really be happy:( but health goes first and I know there'll always be other options instead.

You will be very bouyant in salt water, but you can fill the snorkel vest with air, and it will help you to stay afloat. If you are comfortable in the water, the best thing you can do is just relax and float (sort of hover) with your face (and snorkel so you can breath)in the water. Very little exertion. :)

We did an excursion like this thru NCL a couple of years ago and it was awesome. We ended up on the Dancing Dolphin Catamaran with maybe 24 people total and it is a large cat. The young guys running the excursion were great and Jason from Texas was in the water helping those who needed help and spotting turtles and rays for others. They don't feed the turtles and to see them in there natural environment was so cool. I think we wore vests and the power snorkels are easy to use. This is one of the best excursions that we have ever done. Go and enjoy!

Archived