Cruising with an iPad?

Sonicked

I bought my Ipad so I could stop hauling so much 'stuff' around. I used to have my phone, Nook, Nano and book(s), now just my phone and IPad Love, love, love my Ipad, but my only complaint is the glare while in the sun. Have decided I'll bite the bullet and buy a paperback for the beach, etc.

I have been looking on eBay for anti glare covers. Found them for $25.00 less than at a store. Look there.

I email myself the pics. Seems to be the easiest way to do . For me.

But then you would need an internet connection and at sea, it is painfully slow and expensive. I guess you could find a free WiFi connection in port but then that's a big chunk of your time used up. I know you said this works for you, but pardon me, I just cannot agree in the least that this is a productive way to save pictures. No offense intended. :o

I agree. The camera connection kit comes with 2 small adapters that plug right into your I-pad. One is for down loading right from your camera and the other is for down loading from your SD cards. Just returned from Alaska cruise and nothing like down loading your beautiful photos within minutes. Matter of fact made Mt. McKinley my background wallpaper. Also My I-pad came in handy on the plane to pass the time.

I currently don't have the camera connection kit. So therefore for me, it is easier to email them to me.

I did not understand the question was while on the ship and I too agree. The Internet is far too slow on the ship, hardly can send emails, let alone emails with attachments .

But until I get this accessory I will email myself my pics. Just not while cruising.

We took our iPad on our last cruise on the LOS in January. We mainly used it for reading, and listening to music. We usually don't swim when we take it on deck, but one of us is with our items, while the other is "holding" our chairs. Also, we make friends onboard, or with those who are near us, and they usually have "valuable" items, so it's reciprocal that we watch each others items. I havent had a problem with theft thus far onboard the ship, or while on a ships private island (CocoCay or Labadee).

Archived