DP event on CocoCay

PH8

This is so funny. We are D+, have been to CocoCay so many times I cannot even count and I never knew about this party. It is by the Wacky Seagull? Where? We are always on the 1st tender to the island, but when we are back in oct I would like to check this party out!

The event is held by the Wacky Seagull Jr. I don't know exactly when it started, but it was not held back in Oct 2010. I believe both the cabanas and the VIP reception area (next to Wacky Seagull Jr.) were conceived and built by Monarch staff, and have since been embraced by the company.

This is so funny. We are D+, have been to CocoCay so many times I cannot even count and I never knew about this party. It is by the Wacky Seagull? Where? We are always on the 1st tender to the island, but when we are back in oct I would like to check this party out!

Do you know where the jet ski dock is? The reception is held right there. There's a wooden deck that overlooks the jet ski dock.

HI Island Lady! I sure hope we don't miss it too! We had a cabana rented and everything for the Aug 22 cruise and sure enough... missed again!!:eek:

Must have been really a bummer again. :(

I am sending out the good lucky fairy to be sure we are able to make our NYE resolution to make Coco Cay this time! :D

Hi Kathy, hope you make it this time too!! :)

Must have been really a bummer again. :(

I am sending out the good lucky fairy to be sure we are able to make our NYE resolution to make Coco Cay this time! :D

Hi Kathy, hope you make it this time too!! :)

Thanks!!!:D:D

Don't know exactly when all of this began but when we were there In Feb. there was no event. Also, the cabanas were up and no charge. All of this had to have been implemented after Feb. I'm guessing it wasn't finished when we were there.

Home from the MN and the weather at CocoCay was beautiful.................went to the DP party and we rented out 2 of the cabanas......

Sooooo you are saying my "good luck fairy dust" worked!! ;) :D

Happy you were able to make our favorite little island!

Home from the MN and the weather at CocoCay was beautiful.................went to the DP party and we rented out 2 of the cabanas......

you were soooooooooo lucky! I'm jealous! I'm kind of glad we missed CocoCay as I wasn't interested in chatting with Capt Trond. You got Capt K and Jen! Well, LT probably got Jen but hey, at least you got to go! What other officers were there? Leander? Seamus?

you were soooooooooo lucky! I'm jealous! I'm kind of glad we missed CocoCay as I wasn't interested in chatting with Capt Trond. You got Capt K and Jen! Well, LT probably got Jen but hey, at least you got to go! What other officers were there? Leander? Seamus?

Even though it was the Captains cocktail party,he wasnt there...........Seamus,Leander,Patrick(HD) and a BUNCH of the others......

• 2 weeks later...

We were on MJ last month for the 3 night weekend cruise, the D+ event as people call it is on Coco Cay for only the 4 night cruise they told us, on the 3 night it was held up in the Viking Crown Saturday morning at 10:30 AM. That just wasn't a convenient time for us since we were leaving to go to the island.

PH8-I'm headed there this weekend. I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions for me on the Cabanas...as they sound FABULOUS!

1) To book them, is the best way to go to the Explorations desk as soon as we board?

2) How many people can you fit in a Cabana (We have 11). We don't all need the cushy chairs....but I was thinking of renting 2, and was hoping they'd let the 11 of us utilize the entire area.

3) How much was the Cabana?

Thanks!

Jen

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please clarify something for me. I am only Diamond, but will be in a RFS on Freedom in Dec.

Will I have access to this area or not? It sounds very nice, but I don't want to get my hopes up if I will not be able to use this area.

I have been to CocoCay several times on Celebrity ships; but never on RCI ships.

Thank you for your feedback.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Archived