need your help

BEARFACE

I have a friend taking a cruise on the Jewel next month, in Port Canaveral, Florida, can you just get off the ship and walk around a couple of miles or do you have to rely on public transportation to get where you need to go. They like just walking and sightseeing.

Thank you in advance.

I have a friend taking a cruise on the Jewel next month, in Port Canaveral, Florida, can you just get off the ship and walk around a couple of miles or do you have to rely on public transportation to get where you need to go. They like just walking and sightseeing.

Thank you in advance.

It didn't look to me like there was much to do right around the port although I was so excited when I saw the ship that I could have missed something. We stayed in Cocoa Beach the night before and it was about a 15 minute car ride to the Port. If they just want to take a walk they might be ok but I didn't see much around it.

Edited: Here is a link to the map page for the terminal. It does look like there is some shopping within walking distance. http://www.portcanaveral.com/maps.php

Cute puppy! We had a Golden that allowed us to share her life until she passed away several years ago. What great dogs.

Thank you in advance.

Go to Google maps and enter this address: Florida 401, Cape Canaveral, Florida, United States

You will the area around the terminals. It's not far to some restaurants on Glen Cheek Dr, but the area between the terminal and restaurants is NOT pedestrian friendly. Florida is the most pedestrian unfriendly state in the nation.

We've used the $10 shuttle located right as you exit the pier building a few times. You can ride it all day and get on and off as much as you want....it takes you to Cocoa Beach/Ron Jons surf shop, Walmart, and the Mall. They had several of them and we never waited more than 15 minutes for them to come around and pick us up at the different stops.

The Stop at Cocoa Beach/Ron Jon's had quite a bit to see....and there were sidewalks and traffic lights. I didn't think there was much of anything to see right at the pier.

Thank you in advance.

There's not much to see right at the cruise port. Your friend will want to jump in a cab or some other form of transport, and go into Cocoa Beach proper to do any sightseeing and walking.

Suggestions:

1 - Have your friend log into this message board. They will find answers to questions they never knew they had,and thank you for the good things they learn about their cruise, and increased enjoyment.

2 - Check the PORTS OF CALL boards as their is often good information there.

3 - Check the ROLL CALL for this cruise as well.

4 - Next time you post, try to make the TITLE more descriptive, like "What to do at Port Canaveral Port - Can you walk anywhere?"

Thanks everyone for your replies, I guess some mode of transportation will be needed to get out of the cruise port and walk around.

garycarla, thought my title was just fine and my friend does not own a computer, that is why I am asking for her.

garycarla, thought my title was just fine and my friend does not own a computer, that is why I am asking for her.

As you might notice, maybe 40-50 folks a day come here that need some help. What if everybody just said " Need your help"?

Just sayin. Don't want to get into any argument.

Thanks for helping your friend. Maybe they can stop by the local library or something and learn a little in advance. Some of the more disappointed cruisers are often those have not learned about things in advance.

Archived