Car seats and transportation to port canaveral

thixson

My daughter is 5 and in CA needs a car seat (cabs are exempt but shuttle buses stilll require them). Anyhow, will I have a problem booking a shuttle w/o a car seat? I refuse to lug one... Thanks.

You are driving/riding a very busy interstate highway from Orlando to Port Canaveral. You don't want to put your daughter in a car seat?

My daughter is 5 and in CA needs a car seat (cabs are exempt but shuttle buses stilll require them). Anyhow, will I have a problem booking a shuttle w/o a car seat? I refuse to lug one... Thanks.

According to the information we have from the Florida shuttle operators, you will not have a problem booking a shuttle without a car seat in the state of Florida according to Florida state law as of today. Shuttles are currently exempted from providing car seats.

Give thought to the other posts about auto safety regardless of legal exemptions.

We did a shuttle transfer between Port Canaveral and Orlando airport in January, and I can truly say I've never travelled so fast in a van in my life. Our 5yo was in his booster seat, they had no problem with us bringing and using it on the trip. Depending on your child's height and weight, boosters can be a very good option for travelling, as they are usually lighter and easier to install than a harnessed car seat.

• 3 weeks later...

We have used a shuttle service for Port Canveral that will allow you to use your own car seat and store it at their facility while you cruise then actually bring it with the shuttle when we called for pick up. They may even have a seat of their own...not sure though. Their web page is www.cruiseparkingofportcanaveral.com hope that helps.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Our airline allows one car seat and one stroller to be checked per child free of charge. Not sure if this is standard policy for most/all airlines.

We've decided to suck it up and bring car seats. Then we'll have them for taxis / rental cars / shuttles / ports.

• 4 years later...

Please be very careful! The driver was great, I received a free $20 promotional code which should have gave me a free ride for the 2 miles I used him for however when I got home my bank account AND PayPal account were scammed for 173.00 each for 134 miles. I am in the process of filing a complaint with THE BBB and the Port Canaveral Transportation dept and the city Court as well as contacting the newspapers. They were very misleading and the app will not let me contact them. I'm beyond disappointed. The drivers name was John, and Chris was a contact but no one will call us back. I have no clue as to how they got into my bank account, the only information given was the PAYPAL email.

Bubble Bum inflatable booster could be an option.

• 3 years later...
On 9/13/2016 at 11:50 PM, Honestcruiser2016! said:

Please be very careful! The driver was great, I received a free $20 promotional code which should have gave me a free ride for the 2 miles I used him for however when I got home my bank account AND PayPal account were scammed for 173.00 each for 134 miles. I am in the process of filing a complaint with THE BBB and the Port Canaveral Transportation dept and the city Court as well as contacting the newspapers. They were very misleading and the app will not let me contact them. I'm beyond disappointed. The drivers name was John, and Chris was a contact but no one will call us back. I have no clue as to how they got into my bank account, the only information given was the PAYPAL email.

The BBB is a joke and a marketing company.  I don't think businesses even care what their grade is from the BBB.  

I would fight the charge with your bank and start a separate thread here on Cruise Critic.  You'll reach far more people.