Somewhat random TV question about S1 aft suites

nycmode

Hi all, I have a quick question about the TVs in the aft S1 suites.

I know the rooms are at an odd angle given the location, but I was wondering, do the TVs swivel in any way? I just noticed in pictures that the TV is facing the bed, which is cool, but it is almost perpendicular from where the sofa is. Is there a way to watch TV while you're sitting on the couch? (This is re: sky suite aft/corner cabins).

Also one other note, are you able to plug anything into the TVs? Like a composite or HDMI cable? I have an iPad full of movies/videos and was wondering if I could plug it into the TV.

Thanks!

On Solstice, the TV (in CC cabin) was mounted with a bracket that pulled out from the wall and swiveled either direction. Below are pictures of the hookups available on the rear of the TV

BG-5.jpg

BG-6.jpg

There was a keypad in the drawer, and it appeared from the remote that you might be able to access auxiliary items...But I have not tried it an rely on more experienced voices. EM

One similar question about the S1 aft cabin - is it true that there is a window and balcony? We were just upgraded to it for the TA from Civit to Bayonne on Silhouette. Thanks!

From the pics I saw there is a window and a balcony. The window is by the couches and the door to the balcony is separate from that.

There have been many reports that all the inputs are disabled so don't count too much on being able to plug into the Celebrity systems. It may be possible, but then again.......

After many cruises with X I must agree that the inputs are disabled. After all they do sell movies but the S-Class ships do have an extensive library of free on demand movies, some currently in theaters. ~ Ric

From the pics I saw there is a window and a balcony. The window is by the couches and the door to the balcony is separate from that.

Here is a photo on the suite you are referencing on the Eclipse.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Celebrity+Millennium+Sky+Suite&view=detail&id=D84175D99BF0BC8BD4C8587AB696EAB76E961065&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

S1 aft corner cabins are our first choice when we sail. Love them! There is a big round porthole (big enough to sit in) on the side. There is also a balcony that is accessed by floor to ceiling sliding glass doors. The balcony turns the corner so you really have a great view.

TV swivels -- we usually sit on the bed and pile up the pillows and shams and watch but it will face the couch as well.

Great pictures of the tv - would have never thought to take photos of that!

Have a great time and enjoy your beautiful cabin!!!

S1 aft corner cabins are our first choice when we sail. Love them! There is a big round porthole (big enough to sit in) on the side. There is also a balcony that is accessed by floor to ceiling sliding glass doors. The balcony turns the corner so you really have a great view.

TV swivels -- we usually sit on the bed and pile up the pillows and shams and watch but it will face the couch as well.

Great pictures of the tv - would have never thought to take photos of that!

Have a great time and enjoy your beautiful cabin!!!

They do look great in the photo. We have one booked on Reflection for its maiden TA sailing from Barcelona to Miami on Nov 18 next year. That will be our first TA so we are excited already.

After many cruises with X I must agree that the inputs are disabled. After all they do sell movies but the S-Class ships do have an extensive library of free on demand movies, some currently in theaters. ~ Ric

Oh noes! :(

That's okay, I'll think of plan B ... (bringing my own speakers to hook up to my ipad ...)

Archived