Just Off the Pride Sunday, 9/11...

Mskala

It depends on which sailing you're doing as the Pride does 3. We did the Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport trip. It was my second time on this particular sailing. Next year, we'll do the Exotic Caribbean with Grant Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport.

The ship is really great. Easy to navigate. It has a Serenity area and the staff was fantastic. If you have any specific questions, just ask!

We have considered the Pride given that Baltimore is a hop, skip, and 50-minute flight from Norfolk. Is there anything that stood out for you to make you rebook?

We really want to do the Freedom's deep Southern Caribbean itinerary for spring break but between the airfare and hotel costs, it may be a dealbreaker. We always wondered about the Pride.

We are set to sail on her October 2nd...just over 2 weeks...woo hooo...what cabin did you have and how was embarkation and debarking??

We were in Cabin #8185, just below the Lido and it was surprisingly quiet. Embarking and debarking was very smooth. We arrived at about 11 and were boarding by noon. We did self assist debark and were off the ship by 9:30am

We have considered the Pride given that Baltimore is a hop, skip, and 50-minute flight from Norfolk. Is there anything that stood out for you to make you rebook?

We really want to do the Freedom's deep Southern Caribbean itinerary for spring break but between the airfare and hotel costs, it may be a dealbreaker. We always wondered about the Pride.

This was actually my 2nd time on the Pride and it is quickly becoming my home away from home...

The drive from my house to port is only about 35 minutes and the crew was fantastic both trips. We're going again to do a different itinerary. The ship has a very good layout and is easy to navigate. I can probably remember where everything is now.

I think what makes the trips worthwhile for us is more the time of year we sail. We intentionally cruise in September because it's the start of the school year and there are fewer children aboard the ship. So, for us, it makes for a peaceful trip.

we sail on the pride in march! haven't seen much information about her on this board, so glad to hear you re-booked. that means you must have had a fabulous time. any pictures or info you can share?

We were on the Pride last month. It moved to the top of our list as our favorite ship and it was our best cruise of the 10 we have taken. HMC was amazing as was Grand Turk. Everything about the ship was great and it was so easy to get around and we encountered ery few lines plus the service everywhere was top notch. I don't know your itinerary, but I am sure you'll have a great time. We fell in love with the Spirit class ships (Pride was our first) that we booked the Miracle as soon as we got home.

We were in Cabin #8185, just below the Lido and it was surprisingly quiet. Embarking and debarking was very smooth. We arrived at about 11 and were boarding by noon. We did self assist debark and were off the ship by 9:30am

Glad to hear it..I can't wait..we have been on her sister ship "Miracle". Suppose to have VIP this time as we are booked in a VS Suite...should be interesting.

Thanks again for the info!!!

Put my son and his new bride on the day you got off it sounds like, haven't heard from them since, guess they are still having fun. My wife and I are going 9/25, will be our second time on the Pride. After a wedding at the house and all the build up to it, we are ready for a week away.

Put my son and his new bride on the day you got off it sounds like, haven't heard from them since, guess they are still having fun. My wife and I are going 9/25, will be our second time on the Pride. After a wedding at the house and all the build up to it, we are ready for a week away.

Hey, you're going with us! If you're interested, we have a pretty active roll call on here with lots of friendly people.

Eight days!

We have sailed the Pride twice doing both the Pt. Can. and the HMC itineraries. We prefer the HMC itineraries but when the price is right would go on either.

Here is a review I wrote on CC back in June 2011.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=84048

For us, the easy one hour drive to port make this a ship we will most likely continue to sail on. Great customer service on board as well. It would be nice if they would switch up the itineraries a bit, but I know that leaving from Baltimore gives limited options for a 7 day cruise. Perhaps a 9 or 10 day would be better and give more selections of ports.

Thank you for the information! We are booked on Pride for December 4 sailing to Bahamas...it is an 8 hour drive to Baltimore for us but the savings in airfare makes this a great deal for us!

Nice to hear some positive feedback about Pride! Now I am really getting excited!!

Hey, you're going with us! If you're interested, we have a pretty active roll call on here with lots of friendly people.

Eight days!

I should probably check into the Roll Call, just booked this a week ago. Last time while waiting to board we were seated across from another member of the Roll Call.

Hello!! Can you please tell what you did in the ports!!! Thank you!

Coco Beach in Port Canaveral-just a beach day.

Blue Lagoon in Nassau-very relaxing and not crowded at all

Lucaya Beach in Freeport-rented jet skis and they were great!

Coco Beach in Port Canaveral-just a beach day.

Blue Lagoon in Nassau-very relaxing and not crowded at all

Lucaya Beach in Freeport-rented jet skis and they were great!

Did you take a taxi to Cocoa Beach and is there more to do there than just beach?

Will have to look into the Blue Lagoon.

We do plan to go to Lucaya Beach!!

Thank you!

It depends on which sailing you're doing as the Pride does 3. We did the Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport trip. It was my second time on this particular sailing.

This was the sailing on the Pride that we did in August 2010- lots of fun! Although I was a bit disappointed in Freeport :( Maybe if we had gone to Nassau last and Freeport first...but after seeing Nassau first- it made Freeport seem too industrial and not "tropical" enough for me. Did you get this feeling too?

Next year, we'll do the Exotic Caribbean with Grant Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport.

This is the sailing we'll be going on for our next cruise on Pride in April. Hopefully Freeport will be better for us- we're trying a kayak excursion so hopefully it will be fun!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself aboard the Pride! :)

Did you take a taxi to Cocoa Beach and is there more to do there than just beach?

Will have to look into the Blue Lagoon.

We do plan to go to Lucaya Beach!!

Thank you!

We took a taxi to Cocoa Beach. It was about $7 or $8 per person to be dropped off near Ron Jon Surf shop but there are other locations with more activity. We rented chairs, umbrella and a body board for $30.

Near the pier there may be more to do.

Archived