Epic - Spa Pass or Posh Pass?

Shelbydarling

• 1 month later...
My cruise upcoming on the Epic is $129 per person or $199 per couple.

As I said, I'll have a Posh Pass too, so that I can enjoy the out of doors away from the wall to wall bodies (and kids) around the pool. But you can't lay in the sun all day. :cool:

Can you pre-purchase the Spa or Posh passes? What about on a TA? I have had the Spa pass on other NCL ships - and I loved it the 1st time, however when I went on the Bermuda cruise and in port for 3 days I didn't seem to use it as much. On the 17 day I am taking next year, I am pretty sure I will use it enough - but wondered if I would use the Posh Pass during an October Crossing? Any thoughts?

thanks,

Karen

• 3 months later...
Has anyone felt, "out of place" getting the Posh pass? Did you get any sneers from the Suite guests?

oh I would hope not. If you paid for your pass, you belong there. If you are doing something wrong like sneaking people in, or ordering food for others who aren't there, then yes. Other than that, you shouldn't worry.

the suite guests wont even realise you're not "one of them" unless you tell them-your keycard has been programmed to allow acess to the private elevator

I used posh as a quiet retreat and never spoke to anyone else up there

Is that how it works? I read some early reviews on the Epic and was unsure how they gained access. When you purchase the Posh Pass at the main desk, them simply code your keycard to gain access on the elevator? Do you have to swipe your card prior to pushing button on the elevator?

They do code your key card so the elevator will take you up to deck 18 but you can also take the stairs from a lower deck. There is a door that leads to Posh and you insert your key card to open the door but the elevator from the pool deck takes you directly into Posh. Along with the key card, you will also receive a rubber bracelet to wear (live the livestrong kind).

Incidentally, another passenger wearing the bracelet asked the Posh bartender if food could be delivered to Posh and she was handed the menu from the Epic Club. After she ordered, the bartender asked me if I also wanted to order any food. Recently someone had posted that food was not offered but it was on our cruise.

They do code your key card so the elevator will take you up to deck 18 but you can also take the stairs from a lower deck. There is a door that leads to Posh and you insert your key card to open the door but the elevator from the pool deck takes you directly into Posh. Along with the key card, you will also receive a rubber bracelet to wear (live the livestrong kind).

Incidentally, another passenger wearing the bracelet asked the Posh bartender if food could be delivered to Posh and she was handed the menu from the Epic Club. After she ordered, the bartender asked me if I also wanted to order any food. Recently someone had posted that food was not offered but it was on our cruise.

Thanks for the quick response. Did you think it was worth it? Did you spend much time there?

It will be just my wife and I. We aren't interested in the pools and hot tubs, but instead are lookinig for a quiet place to read. Sometimes in the sun, other times in the shade. We usually look for spots off the beaten path. On the Epic, it seems like we have to pay extra to find such a place. With all of the sea days, I think it will be that much more important to find a place away from the pool. Did you find that Spice H2O was louder and with more activity?

We did enjoy laying in Posh reading but it was very windy on our sailing and at least one of the sea days, we just couldn't sit there at all. There is a public sundeck at the very front of deck 18 that seemed to be protected somewhat from the wind but the word is out and the loungers were taken or reserved most of the time. I had hoped to use it more than we did but I still think it was worth the $118 for the two of us. Spice H20 was pretty full but stayed quiet most of the day. Our best time at Spice was our Nassau day as we didn't get off the ship. Spice was empty most of the day and we enjoyed the pool, hot tubs, and the loungers all afternoon.

So I just read this entire thread and I don't believe that my question has been answered.

Can you purchase ahead of time daily passes for specific days in the Spa?

Someone already mentioned that you could for the Club, but I am unsure of the spa.

The thing is that I don't think I will be using the spa on our port days, so I want to purchase ahead of time for all our sea days.

So I just read this entire thread and I don't believe that my question has been answered.

Can you purchase ahead of time daily passes for specific days in the Spa?

Someone already mentioned that you could for the Club, but I am unsure of the spa.

The thing is that I don't think I will be using the spa on our port days, so I want to purchase ahead of time for all our sea days.

you can't walk to the desk and say "I want a pass for Monday, Tuesday and Friday". You can go every day (on the day you want to use the spa) and buy a daily pass for that day. That's how it was explained to me.

you can't walk to the desk and say "I want a pass for Monday, Tuesday and Friday". You can go every day (on the day you want to use the spa) and buy a daily pass for that day. That's how it was explained to me.

that might change the game plan a little. I would not want to risk it not having a pass for some days, I guess it is change of plans.

thanks for for the info.

• 6 months later...
Can you pre-purchase the Spa or Posh passes? What about on a TA? I have had the Spa pass on other NCL ships - and I loved it the 1st time, however when I went on the Bermuda cruise and in port for 3 days I didn't seem to use it as much. On the 17 day I am taking next year, I am pretty sure I will use it enough - but wondered if I would use the Posh Pass during an October Crossing? Any thoughts?

thanks,

Karen

We found Posh really windy on our Med Cruise in May. You really feel the wind up there and if there is any chill to the air or water, as there might be transatlantic, I'm not sure you would enjoy it much. We gave up on Posh during our Med cruise as they everyone else. Would only do it again, if in the Caribbean.

• 2 months later...

Just a couple ?s on the Spa Passes...

1) Anyone know what the daily rate on the Epic is right now? I cannot imagine I would purchase the whole week - but was looking into purchasing a specific day.

2) Is there an age limit for the Spa? My DD is 14.5 and definitely a calm, well behaved teenager. I would consider getting her a spa pass for the day if it was allowed. Does anyone know if there are limits & what they are if so?

Thanks for the help!

I was on Epic in May, I am sure you could not buy passes for just sea days, we had to purchase a pass for all the days we were on board regardless whether we were in port. Also these passes are limited to a maximum 60 male and 60 female guests and once this had been reached no more passes were available.

As a point to note most times we were using the spa we had it pretty much to ourselves. which was really cool seeing as the ship was nearly full. great to get away from the crowds etc. I well recommend it for a cruise of 7 days

Well, I do not think any of us were hallucinating. We all got one day spa passes on a sea day. There were three of us and we also sailed the Med in May. I believe the deal was that they had not sold out the spa, so we went down there in the morning, day of, and got spa passes for the day. There were definitely people in there, tho. Would not say we had the place to ourselves, but by the same token it was a peaceful retreat. It was very cold when we sailed and also a fair bit of cloud so the pools were not that appealing. Consequently we went for the spa.

Just a couple ?s on the Spa Passes...

1) Anyone know what the daily rate on the Epic is right now? I cannot imagine I would purchase the whole week - but was looking into purchasing a specific day.

2) Is there an age limit for the Spa? My DD is 14.5 and definitely a calm, well behaved teenager. I would consider getting her a spa pass for the day if it was allowed. Does anyone know if there are limits & what they are if so?

Thanks for the help!

I don't know what the daily rate is right now since I bought the weekly pass last year. However, I believe you have to be 18 to use the spa. Here's the NCL Guest Conduct Policy (scroll down to Age Policies).

Archived