Missing Birth Certificate Cruise Review (sort of)

huneymoonerz

Tried to post this the other day but it didn't work.

We were attempted home-invasion robbed on Monday. I was home with the little ones.

Looks like the next trip $$ is going for a home security system.

**I've tried a post with pics a few times and it's not working. Let me know if you can't see them on FB. I made them public.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150359208253454.400354.756143453

The quick gist...

We did get on board with a few snags. We needed another hospital fax to seal the deal.

The crew was great to us. Our room was R98 inside. Good size.

We headed over to the buffet. I don't like buffets. I think it just reminds me of the food in college. Obviously Carnival's food is a lot better than that. Still, we are not buffet people but liked the Mango drink, calzones and hot chocolate. The ships tuna sandwich was the best DH and I have ever had. We ordered it every night from room service.

Queen Mary from the Paris restaurant.

We were with our two little kids (ages 3 and 1) so we didn't see the evening shows. Well, DH did sneak off to see them one night but no review. Camp Carnival was great for them. It seemed hit or miss for the 6+ crowd.

We attended Family Karaoke one night in the Queen Mary Lounge. It was pretty dead. I sang first... and 3rd... and 5th. The host was a bit of a let down. The waiters at the bar were HILARIOUS and TALENTED. Did weird tricks with Diet Coke cans. I tipped extra.

I always read about the people showing up in shorts to gala night but that wasn't the case on this ship. I was almost under dressed! DH and DD looked fabulous!

As myself and DS! He always looks perplexed by cameras.

We didn't get off at Catalina or Ensenada. We've been there before. Instead we put the kids in camp and went to the Serenity Deck!

Great boat to relax on. I thought there should have been a few more activities. We had a great time playing mini-golf. Ping pong tables were always occupied!

Dinner in the main dining room was always good to excellent. No complaints! Different show every night. Great waitstaff. Wasn't impressed with the breakfast staff.

I'm sorry this is so short. I wanted to do a proper review. Will try again in a few weeks!

Tried to post this the other day but it didn't work.

We were attempted home-invasion robbed on Monday. I was home with the little ones.

Looks like the next trip $$ is going for a home security system.

Oh my goodness, how frightening for you all! :eek: I hope you are all alright.

Thanks, everybody. It was scary but I handled myself very well. The guy was high on meth or crack (something big) so I was able to talk him away. It was a wake up call for me and DH. We love fun but we have been a little slack on the real work.

We took our vacation fund and put it into the house. Ikea and Lowes were very happy with us this weekend! We are getting security screen doors, a new garage door, and a security system.

Cruising will have to wait for a while. Luckily we have annual passes to Disneyland and can get our fun needs met there.

It was scary but I handled myself very well. The guy was high on meth or crack (something big) so I was able to talk him away.

:eek:

This is why I never open the door to anyone I don't know/am not expecting. People can tell me I'm paranoid all they like.

Glad you're okay!

Archived