Snacks on Carnival

wife2b

Unfortunately, due to health code concerns Carnival no longer serves bowls of salty snack at the bars. ...............

On Holland America they serve nuts in a little glass container, you shake a few out at a time, no problem health wise. Could be done that way.

I have never brought snacks onboard but have often craved salty food after all the rich meals. This trip I plan to take a few things not only for the cravings but also just to be better prepared. After the tales from the Splendor I plan to at least have some trail mix should the trip take a detour.

• 1 month later...

Bring along a can or two of salty nuts to keep in your cabin along with some granola bars, wasabi peas and pretzels.

They don't take up much room and you can eat your salty snacks whenever you want if you don't feel like waiting for room service to delivery a bowl of chips!

Unfortunately, due to health code concerns Carnival no longer serves bowls of salty snack at the bars. You can get popcorn (that you pay for) up on the Lido deck by the big screen, but otherwise it's bring your own, order chips from room service or pay a high price in the gift shop.

We usually bring a ziplock bag of homemade trail mix that we carry in smaller portioned bags when on excursions but I've never pulled them out at a bar. Though I probably would if I was out on the Lido, but I don't hang out there very much.

We were on the Valor a few weeks ago popcorn was free while the movies were on the big screen

Wow post 32 and not one gripe about 'why you bringing snacks on a cruise', lol

I am guessing because there is so much food on board why bring more? (Not to start anything just wondering about a gripe)

I appreciate knowing to bring some if that is "your thing", so I am glad I found this thread. So, thanks to all for answering with your ideas!:)

Creature Comforts vary by the creature. ;)

I am guessing because there is so much food on board why bring more? (Not to start anything just wondering about a gripe)

I appreciate knowing to bring some if that is "your thing", so I am glad I found this thread. So, thanks to all for answering with your ideas!:)

Creature Comforts vary by the creature. ;)

My mom thinks I'm crazy for bringinng things like snack bars & candy aboard, but I'm on meds & need food & if I'm off my schedule or involved with an activity, I like something handy.

On the longer cruises, in replacement of the old midnight buffets, they have a 10 or 11pm snack time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh?? Midnight Buffet is no longer?? Oh my, what will I do ???:eek:

I so enjoyed those!

"Snack time"...Whats that?

I was always able to order a 'basket' of potato chips or pretzels from room service for in cabin snacking! :)

We would call room service and order the sandwiches and chips ( but hold the sandwiches--they always laughed and brought us lots of chips)

Also we ordered the cookies!

Here is a little gem that we found from room service this past cruise. The chocolate chip cookies. One order consists of a plate full of WARM chocolate chip cookies. OMG, they were devine. I would order a plate every afternoon to enjoy while having my down-reading time in the cabin. They serve the cc cookies on the buffet but they are cold. Soooo much better warmed up.

We would also grab a piece or two of fresh fruit from the Lido buffet and bring it back to the room to save for later or to slip in our bag to take out by the pool. This last cruise they offered fresh peaches, plums, pears and seedless globe grapes. This was a real treat from the normal apples, oranges and bananas that is the norm.

How late is the buffet opened? Were on the dream in about 5 weeks My child is type 1 diabetic and I have to eat Gluten free. When we went on our first cruise last year I brought Granola bars and Juice pouch's for him just in case. I was wondering also if its possible to order just the meat and chips from room service but no bread? I will be bringing his snacks plus GF pretzels for me :D hubby can eat whatever, lucky guy!!

Archived