Snacks on Carnival

wife2b

It's been a while since we last cruised and we are preparing to board Pride in several weeks :) While I do remember indulging in plenty of meals on previous Carnival cruises, I don't remember ever seeing any snack foods (nuts, chips, etc). Not even sure if I remember seeing snacks at the bar. Just thinking of what to do in those "I could go for a salty snack with my cold beer" situations (of course, pizza is always an option ;) ).

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

It's been a while since we last cruised and we are preparing to board Pride in several weeks :) While I do remember indulging in plenty of meals on previous Carnival cruises, I don't remember ever seeing any snack foods (nuts, chips, etc). Not even sure if I remember seeing snacks at the bar. Just thinking of what to do in those "I could go for a salty snack with my cold beer" situations (of course, pizza is always an option ;) ).

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Bring your own. I usually bring chips or pretzels or crackers. You don't want to pay an arm and a leg for them from the gift shop.

Pizza - especially that big, doughy, oily stuff they give away on the ship - is a meal and not a snack. (And as I'm not a fan, it's only an option when drunk and/or starving.)

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

That's a good question....sometimes you don't want a "meal" be something to munch on!

Unfortunately, due to health code concerns Carnival no longer serves bowls of salty snack at the bars. You can get popcorn (that you pay for) up on the Lido deck by the big screen, but otherwise it's bring your own, order chips from room service or pay a high price in the gift shop.

We usually bring a ziplock bag of homemade trail mix that we carry in smaller portioned bags when on excursions but I've never pulled them out at a bar. Though I probably would if I was out on the Lido, but I don't hang out there very much.

It was nice when they would put the bowls out at the bars, but people would stick their hand in and take a few then walk off and they were obligated to throw out the rest.

They rotated the snacks everynight, they had a cajun cracker mix, gold fish, potato chips, nuts and sesame sticks.

It was nice when they would put the bowls out at the bars, but people would stick their hand in and take a few then walk off and they were obligated to throw out the rest.

They rotated the snacks everynight, they had a cajun cracker mix, gold fish, potato chips, nuts and sesame sticks.

They should get the plastic "tipper" bowls like NCL uses - a globe with a shute built in, so you turn it over and it tips out a handful of snacks. Much more sanitary ... at least until you see some yahoo digging their fingers into it to get at a wasabi pea.

You get chips with your sandwich through room service, but I love the nachos on the lido at the hamburger station. I put the chips in a bowl, then put on some of that sloppy joe looking meat, them slather it with sheese sauce, then a scoop of sour cream, then a pile of salsa! You got yourself some Nachos!

are there places to eat that are open all the time? I know of room service, the buffet and MDR and various bars, but no one ever mentions places to eat that are open all the time.

The only other BIG cruise ship ive been on was an RCI ship where they had a quick service dining stop that was open all the time

are there places to eat that are open all the time? I know of room service, the buffet and MDR and various bars, but no one ever mentions places to eat that are open all the time.

The only other BIG cruise ship ive been on was an RCI ship where they had a quick service dining stop that was open all the time

There is the 24/7 pizza/delli and ice cream.

We always get a carton of milk at the lido buffet before it closes and make a milkshake with the ice cream.

There is the 24/7 pizza/delli and ice cream.

We always get a carton of milk at the lido buffet before it closes and make a milkshake with the ice cream.

Pizza, ice cream and room service are 24 hrs.

Deli is open late 11pm I believe.

Popcorn is free on Lido during the movies.

Also, in the funshops by the booze there is a display of snacks and candy. HIGH $$ of course like convenience stores.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

On the longer cruises, in replacement of the old midnight buffets, they have a 10 or 11pm snack time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will bring soda and make root beer or orange floats. We always bring some snacks with us. Usually candy in single serving sizes and granola bars.

We will usually grab some boxes of cereal or cookies and bring them back to the room for later.

Archived